Hello there, I hope everyone is doing well.
    I had an iPhone as my personal/business phone for a little over a year...I had the iPhone unlimited data plan plus unlimited texts.
    While overseas, I saw an unlocked, unbranded Blackberry Bold which really caught my eye and I ended up buying it.
    Essentially I am having trouble setting things up. I moved my SIM card over, the device recognizes the ATT network, and I am able to use the 3G in the phone to browse the web and such. However, when going to setup email I only have the option of "I want to use a work email account with a BES"..
    and although my data plan appears to be working, applications such as facebook, google maps are unable to use the internet and I can not send/recieve MMS.
    If I go down to ATT and get the Blackberry internet service plan, will this make these issues go away or have I been suckered by buying an unlocked phone?
    The Bold is fantastic by the way, much more efficient than my iPhone and definentley a sharper screen!
    Thanks so much,
    Andrew
    10-28-08 06:38 PM
    my data plan appears to be working..........If I go down to ATT and get the Blackberry internet service plan, will this make these issues go awayAndrew
    I'm confused, do you have the AT&T data plan for your blackberry? The data plan for blackberry and the iPhone are different, if you just moved your SIM over, blackberry data will not function properly, you need a blackberry data feature.
    10-28-08 06:57 PM
    Okay, see I thought I could just move my existing data plan over to the Blackberry and it would work but you are saying that I need the Blackberry Internet Service plan for it to fully function?
    10-28-08 07:09 PM
    Yes, blackberrys need the blackberry specific data plan. The iPhone or any other data plan will not allow it to function properly.
    10-28-08 07:20 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com
    10-28-08 09:35 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 09:38 PM
    Welcome to CB!! You will find a lot of knowledge here as you are doing now. Good luck with your new Berry!!
    10-28-08 09:42 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! You're one of us now. :-) The best place for your questions.
    10-28-08 10:14 PM
    Welcome to cb!

10-28-08 10:18 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    11-01-08 05:37 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry

11-01-08 05:39 PM
    Welcome to CB. You will definitely get all the info and answers you need to get the most from your BB!
    11-01-08 05:42 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

~JEF~
    11-03-08 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD