My name is Joe and I'm a BlackBerry addict.

"Hi Joe!"

I'm an ex-iPhone user who got fed up with the hoops you have to jump through just to do anything on the phone. (99% of the time the aforementioned "hoops" are lit on fire by Apple just for their own amusement.) I'm glad I made the switch to BB and I have no plans of going back!

My wife has been an addict for quite a while now and suggested I try it out since it would make my job a lot easier to do outside of work. Boy, was that an understatement!

I never knew what I was missing out on. Luckily, she turned me onto this site... particularly, these forums. I've been lurking in the shadows for about a week now and love how everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful. I've learned a lot in the past week from this site alone, and I hope to one day contribute to someone else discovering the BB for the first time with the same knowledge that I've been granted access to on these forums.

Can't wait to get to know everyone and I'll be seeing you all around!
    01-01-10 08:19 PM
    Hi Joe, welcome to CrackBerry! I can relate. I was a long-time BB user who succumbed to the marketing magic and swapped to the iPhone (1st gen). Then, as if that wasn't enough, I waited in the rain for the 2nd gen! Obviously I got out of that cycle, back to BBs where I belong and couldn't be happier.

The forums are a great resource. The depth of knowledge and experience is unmatched. Also, the How-To and 101 lecture sections here are tremendous and a great place to learn a ton of info in a digest-type format. Highly recommended .

Enjoy and have fun!
    01-01-10 08:27 PM
    welcome and Happy New Year
    and if we can't help you your service provider customer care can as well. Just make sure you get a tech who knows BB
    01-01-10 08:57 PM
    Hi Joe,
    I'm addicted and haven't even got my Bold 2 yet (very jealous), so don't know what will happen when I finally hold it in my hands.
    But I've tried my brother's old BlackBerry this Christmas and ( a while ago) a friend's iphone and of the two my Brother's old BB won hands down.
    I'm upgrading from a Samsung i8510 (not a good choice).
    I've been through the forums and the 101 lectures to get ready for Monday (day of the blessed event) - they have a thread for everything. I even put in a few random things into search and still there was someone talking about it somewhere and people suggesting fixes. There's a great community spirit on this site - I've never found that with any other device.
    And with that: Welcome!
    Have a nice day :-)
    01-02-10 06:06 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! I have yet to have a question about my BB that hasn't already been answered on here yet!

See ya all in the forums!
    01-04-10 11:44 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and BB world, the best of each of their own arenas. Enjoy.
    01-05-10 07:37 AM
    Welcome..... If youre not already, you'll be an addict soon!! ((trust me on this))
    01-06-10 12:06 AM
    Ex-iPhone users unite! =D

I just got rid of mine this week, couldnt be happier. Plus, Im a junkie for customization and have my head spinning with all the options for the Bold, and BB's in general.

Tl;DR - Welcome, Sit back and enjoy.
    01-06-10 10:56 AM
    Congratulations and welcome to our world!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 01:45 AM
    Yeah the forums are simply amazing; SO much information! Welcome Joe, see you on the floor.
    01-08-10 09:37 PM
    Heya welcome! Enjoy that 9700!
    01-08-10 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD