Ok got it first massive dissappointment NO CAMERA what gives with that? the specs were so high I did not even check for camera I figured it was a given! ouch anyway I got it for $50 so who cares no toy to play with.

First issue HOW do I bluetooth contacts to it? I tried 3 different phones (my lotus my 8400 and my sisters kitana dlx) NO JOY I can pair them but it will not CONNECT and an attempt to SEND contacts fails.

Second this is going to sound REALLY dumb now. Where the **** is the web browser?

I got the desktop software. it updated my phone to 4.5 I let it do everything default and it just did its think.

I for the fraking life of me can not figure out how to get on the stinking internet with this thing

NO button is obviously a "web" button and when I press the application button I checked every single one none of them says WEB or WWW or Internet or anything vaguely similar or hinting that it might get me on the internet (I want to get slacker going and it tells me to visit slacker from the BB's web browser)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    04-27-09 11:50 PM
    I am a srpint cosyumer for long time I think u can return the phone within 14 days and change it for another one I use the 8330 and has camera as for how to bt the contacts I am not sure but I would take the phone the sprint store usually take care of that when I change my phone
    Ok got it first massive dissappointment NO CAMERA what gives with that? the specs were so high I did not even check for camera I figured it was a given! ouch anyway I got it for $50 so who cares no toy to play with.

First issue HOW do I bluetooth contacts to it? I tried 3 different phones (my lotus my 8400 and my sisters kitana dlx) NO JOY I can pair them but it will not CONNECT and an attempt to SEND contacts fails.

Second this is going to sound REALLY dumb now. Where the **** is the web browser?

I got the desktop software. it updated my phone to 4.5 I let it do everything default and it just did its think.

I for the fraking life of me can not figure out how to get on the stinking internet with this thing

NO button is obviously a "web" button and when I press the application button I checked every single one none of them says WEB or WWW or Internet or anything vaguely similar or hinting that it might get me on the internet (I want to get slacker going and it tells me to visit slacker from the BB's web browser)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 01:59 AM
    Sorry didn't read the post completly I had the same problem I restart the phone and that took care off it. It had to do with the new device regestering all the services at least that what they told me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 02:03 AM
    I bought the phone used it only cost me $50 so I am not too worried.

Second I figured out the Web browser. I went to help and one of the help options was INTERNET help when I selected that it "opened" the browser and then errored saying I needed to install the "service book" for the web browser. Where do I get this?

BT sure I bet if I went to sprint they could do it but "I" want to do it. I don't want to have to go running to sprint everytime I need to BT something.

also I bt files phone to phone quite a lot so making this work is important to me :-)
    04-28-09 06:40 AM
    ok web browser is a no go. apparently it uses the rim network so the only way to get it is to get the service books and that requires BIS from sprint. They won't switch me to BISPV from PV and I am not doubling my bill to get it $30 is nuts.

so HOW do I get apps that are normally BB direct download onto the phone? Example I want slacker. Where can I DOWNLOAD it to the PC and install to the blackberry directly?

any suggestions on the BT? I have tried 5 different phones so far and NONE will successfully send contacts to the 8830. The problem is the 8830 since they can all send contacts to each other fine.

Suggestions? I am running 4.5.135 I believe.

also how the heck do I change the icons on the main screen? I will never need the setup wizard and I will never need the applications icon since I have an applications button.

how in the world do you bring up contacts? (right now I have to goto applications and go all the way to the upper right to get it) is there a way to make the caller id picture full screen ie 320x240 and display as full screen when you get an incoming call? S2U2 did this on the winmo phone. is there a similar app for the blackberries?

thanks!
    04-28-09 02:29 PM
    Yeah there's a few BB models with no camera option. They're mainly sold for business users who don't want that feature, or their employers won't allow it.
    04-29-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD