So, I purchased my Bold yesterday, although I must admit, I was almost swayed by the hype, and the mass of iPhone users around me ordering new iPhones.

After being totally indecisive, and my AT&T associate being very patient, I decided to buy the Bold. Worst case scenario, I buy it, I don't like it, I take it back within the thirty days, I get an iPhone, right?

Well, let me start off by saying this is the best phone I have ever owned. Period. Exclamation point. I did own the iPhone 3g for approximately fifteen hours, so I have experienced the dark side.

The screen is absolutely brilliant. The keyboard is a joy, but most of all, the battery life on this thing is freakin' unbelievable.

After a full day of heavy usage (checking e-mail, writing text messages, about an hour of talk time, surfing the interweb), along with a half day of Pandora streaming radio, I have a little less than half charge on my battery.

The internet browsing leaves a little to be desired, but I knew that going in. This thing is a messaging monster. The push e-mail experience is....just freakin' awesome. Again, I've never owned a blackberry, so this is all new to me.

I almost forgot to mention the sound you can get out of this thing. This phone is LOUD. I don't think I'll need to worry about not hearing my ringer on this bad boy.

I'm going to load this thing with music right now, and get ready for work tomorrow.

I think I've made my choice. Crackberry it is.
    06-17-09 06:56 PM
    Welcome to becoming an addict. I'm pretty new here myself, even though this is technically my 2nd Blackberry. Love Blackberries, never going back! Enjoy your Bold- all my friends love theirs!
    06-17-09 06:58 PM
    Welcome to the addiction! This is a pretty fun place!
    06-17-09 07:07 PM
    Congrats on your wise decision! Make sure you do all you can to get the most out of your BB. This site will help you immensely in that endeavor and the people here are knowledgeable and polite (for the most part ). I am jealous actually. I've got an 8330 Curve and I love it, but youre right, the screen resolution on the Bold is just amazing!

One piece of advice as you have just entered the Crackberry world.... Do a Forum search before starting new threads. Not doing so and creating a thread that someone else has already created can upset the other CB Addicts!

So welcome! and enjoy the world that is BlackBerry!
    06-17-09 07:11 PM
    Congrats on Your Bb addiction...Enjoy Your Bold...
    06-17-09 07:15 PM
    I'm glad you enjoy your phone! If you don't really like the native browser, there is always a few other third party ones you can download. I highly recommend downloading "Bolt Browser," but many people also prefer Opera Mini. Both are great programs.
    06-17-09 07:15 PM
    I'm glad you enjoy your phone! If you don't really like the native browser, there is always a few other third party ones you can download. I highly recommend downloading "Bolt Browser," but many people also prefer Opera Mini. Both are great programs.
    +1 to Bolt Browser. I got it when they did an initial Beta test for Crackberry users only and have sworn by it since then. It is very fast, and works very well. Get it at - boltbrowser dot com - (sorry i cant do links yet, not enough posts i think)
    06-17-09 07:33 PM
    Search the forums for "optimize browser". I did what was recommended and it made a world of difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 07:45 PM
    Welcome! This is the best place. Everytime I log in, I learn something new. Our fellow Berry Lovers are the most knowledgeable about the product. And the banter is bad either!!!
    06-17-09 08:10 PM
    Its Good to have you aboard! Enjoy...Enjoy!!!!!
    06-17-09 08:52 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! Check out the 101 lecture series linked in my signature. Tons of valuable info for newbs. As far as volume you can change a profile and that may tone it down depending on what setting it is on now. When you go to profiles>loud, vibrate, quiet, normal, phone only, off, and advanced are your choices. Check it out...
    06-17-09 08:56 PM
    Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I just learned something else, too. AT&T Navigator, and turn by turn navigation. I've had the service for years on AT&T, and never used it.

I tell my phone where I want to go...I mean, I hold down the space bar and speak to it....and it tells me how to get there....not shows me....TELLS ME. Oh, sweet baby Jesus, I think I'm in love.

I know I might be a little slow on the uptake on this feature, but, hey, better late than never, right?
    06-17-09 08:57 PM
    Welcome to CB! Glad to hear your happy with your Bold!

06-17-09 09:08 PM
    Welocme to cb and congrats on the bold.

06-17-09 09:20 PM
    Welcome to the world of crackberry goodness

06-17-09 09:45 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! Check out the 101 lecture series linked in my signature. Tons of valuable info for newbs. As far as volume you can change a profile and that may tone it down depending on what setting it is on now. When you go to profiles>loud, vibrate, quiet, normal, phone only, off, and advanced are your choices. Check it out...
    The 101 lectures are great, totally worth the time, you'll find information you didn't even realize you wanted!

Welcome, you'll love you new 'berry more each day, I truly don't know how I survived without one, ah, addiction!

06-17-09 09:58 PM
    . but most of all, the battery life on this thing is freakin' unbelievable.

After a full day of heavy usage (checking e-mail, writing text messages, about an hour of talk time, surfing the interweb), along with a half day of Pandora streaming radio, I have a little less than half charge on my battery.

I wish I got life like that out of mine. I have to charge every night without fail. On heavy use days usually need a top up in the afternoon. :'(

06-18-09 01:23 AM
    Enjoy your new phone and enjoy crackberry
    06-18-09 01:52 AM
    Whoah! Did not know that the bold had navigation..crap. Now I have 2 possible Blackberry choices. The first is the Driftwood for T-Mobile (whenever it will come out *waits impatiently*), the Bold (even though I don't want to switch from T-Mobile, but the Bold is so alluring). I know I should wait for the driftwood for T-Mobile, but I'm so jealous of you because your phone has navigation and I know that's something T-Mobile will never offer in their phones. *sigh* I hope the driftwood comes out soon so I could sleep!
    06-18-09 05:37 AM
    Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I just learned something else, too. AT&T Navigator, and turn by turn navigation. I've had the service for years on AT&T, and never used it.

I tell my phone where I want to go...I mean, I hold down the space bar and speak to it....and it tells me how to get there....not shows me....TELLS ME. Oh, sweet baby Jesus, I think I'm in love.

I know I might be a little slow on the uptake on this feature, but, hey, better late than never, right?
    No problem anytime. It is amazing how much knowledge you will soak up by getting familiar with the device. Of course here on Crackberry you will learn so much as well. It is an amazing site with lots of helpful users who are great people as well. Enjoy...
    06-18-09 06:45 AM
    -Try out Opera Mini- To enhance your web browsing.

I use three different web browsers, each for specific reason, depending on what I am doing online over the phone.

Opera Is a free download to your phone..

Never know, You may like it..

Enjoy your phone...

I've had every phone out in the market, and unlocked over-sea phones.

THE BOLD may be the best I have ever had, & I used to have a Curve, and left it for an unlocked SE PDA.
    06-18-09 09:19 AM
    Again, WELCOME....we are glad to have you....I too have a BOLD, got it May 1st and its the best device EVER, enjoy

06-18-09 09:28 AM
    I am new as well, the 8900 is my second BB, I had the Pearl 8100 for two years prior to this new one. I have, however just really discovered this site, and I in all honesty..I am in love. I have gotten more answers here,then in my last 10 years of support calls to T-mobile (i was on when they were VoiceDream!) Enjoy your new phone and this amazing site!!
    06-18-09 10:22 AM
    Let's see. I've been listening to music for four hours and hace yet to use a quarter of my battery. This thing is a freakin' work horse. My apologies to those bold owners who have battery trouble. I must have gotten lucky.

06-18-09 12:24 PM
    Oh...and that was my first post from my crackberry. I've popped my berry cherry.

06-18-09 12:25 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD