After years of telling myself that I just needed a phone, nothing more, I finally admitted that I needed more organization than a normal Samsung phone would give. I tried paper calendars, I tried a planner, I tried stuffing post-it notes in my pocket at night...nothing worked. I chair the state Speech and Debate committee, and the final straw was saying that an important meeting was on a Wednesday, but giving the date of Thursday, leading to half of my committee showing up one day, and half the other.

Being committed to T-Mobile, I looked at their smartphone options. After doing some research, I decided that I wanted the 8120 Pearl...minor problem, the 8120 was delayed and I wanted the phone before I went to a large tournament at Harvard University in mid-February. I didn't want to get the 8100, and be obselete in a month, and I didn't think seriously about the Curve or 8800. While standing in a store and bemoaning my luck, Mrs. SpeechCoach asked me if I would consider the Curve. "But it is so large...I don't want anything that huge." She held up the two models against each other, and I saw that the difference was not that huge.

After trading out one faulty unit, I was set and ready to go. I haven't looked back since. I already have the 2008-2009 tournament schedule on my phone, I have my school district's e-mail sent directly to my phone, and I finally have a better phone than 2/3 of my students (seriously, what does a 15 year old need with an iPhone?)

A good buddy of mine picked up a Pearl, my sister and brother-in-law have Curves, and now Mrs. SpeechCoach is starting to feel left out. I think I might pick up a Kickstart for her when they come out later this year. My Crackberry addiction is in full swing.
    07-03-08 03:25 AM
    Welcome to the addiction and enjoy!!
    07-03-08 03:29 AM
    Welcome to CB
    Good choice on the Curve...
    07-03-08 05:54 AM
    Welcome to the Crack Hosue!
    07-03-08 05:56 AM
    And like a good speech coach you weighed the pros and cons, you made the decision and you moved forward. A well considered addiction! Welcome to the Crack!
    07-03-08 06:06 AM
    Congrats on your first "real" phone..lol...smartphone..Welcome to CB...just post if you have any questions....
    07-03-08 06:36 AM
    great story and welcome to cb. way to spread the addiction.
    07-03-08 06:57 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!
    07-03-08 08:03 AM
    I have a vision. In my vision you build and create the first BlackBerry production bong available exclusively at Hot Topic. And if you don't, please make sure somebody else does.
    07-03-08 08:16 AM
    Welcome to CB!!
    07-03-08 08:28 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry
    07-03-08 08:32 AM
    Welcome to the forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD