I just switched yesterday from Palm Treo to BB. I am so use to being able to sync the palm pilot to the palm software, and do not use microsoft outlook. So my question to everyone is this. Does BB not come with software to sync to? (like the palm pilot). What alternative are there to syncing (without syncing to outlook)?
    05-24-08 10:48 PM
    I came from the 680 and never looked back. Wecome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 11:42 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. I gave up my 650 (well it actually died) for a BB Curve. I always have synced with Outlook on the PC and now Entourage on the Mac.

Give it a shot I'm sure you'll grow to love the change you've made.
    05-25-08 12:22 AM
    What program are you using to sync with the Mac. I have Mark Space and cannot get it to work.
    05-25-08 12:34 AM
    I just left my 700P for my curve. I decided to use my @vzw.blackberry.net email that I set up when I got my phone. I sync'd my address book to BB desktop and then put them in my BB.

Enjoy your BB.

05-25-08 12:40 AM
    What program are you using to sync with the Mac. I have Mark Space and cannot get it to work.
    I'm using PocketMac without problems. You do have to download the updated driver and default to yes for mass storage if you have a SD card installed. It's all available on the BB site
    05-25-08 01:30 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    05-25-08 09:18 AM
    * Outlook Express
    * ASCII Importer/Exporter
    * YahoO!
    05-27-08 03:28 AM
    I left my 650 yesterday for a Curve. I explained it to someone else as switching from PC to Mac.
    It's definitely not as "dumbed down" as the Treo software. It was almost too easy to do everything on the Treo. My guess is, once I figure out all the nooks and crannies of the Curve I'll be happier than a priest at boy scout camp!
    05-27-08 04:26 AM
    Am also contemplating moving from Treo 750 to BB, and am curious about whether I can synch (wirelessly?) notes and to-dos from Outlook, and whether BB allows user to alter main menu to include other items, such as to-dos? Thanks.
    05-27-08 05:57 AM
    BB can wirelessly sync all that as long as you use BES. With BIS, I don't think it is possible. By main menu I guess you are meaning the home screen. Todos would have to be included in the particular theme. Not sure if one exists as I have been searching for one also. I will say the bb is soooooooo much more stable than my old 680.
    05-27-08 09:22 AM
    I have BIS, and I sync'd my Contacts and calander off my 700P to my outlook the used DM to put them on my BB. I don't use notes and to-do's so I don't know about that.
    05-27-08 03:39 PM
    Hang in there. Welcome to CB
    05-27-08 03:52 PM
    I just switched from a 700w (3 days ago) and I'm having major withdrawls!!! I like some things about the BB but I miss my Treo - I swore I hated that phone until now. Now I'm debating going back! Any advice?
    05-27-08 04:28 PM
    Whats the normal battery life of a fully charged BB battery? I've only had my BB a few days and it looks like mine is barley making it a full day with adverage use... is that typical?
    05-27-08 10:07 PM
    Welcome to CRACKberry and your new found addiction. Have fun and enjoy!!
    05-28-08 05:44 PM
    I thought I might suffer a bit from withdrawal, but from the moment I started using my Berry, I was completely HOOKED!

My 755p and HTC Touch are sitting in a drawer feeling the neglect. Each time I open the drawer I do not feel nostalgic at all!

05-28-08 06:02 PM
    I just started using the Yahoo calendar because I'm too cheap to buy Outlook. So far it works fine.
    05-28-08 06:06 PM
    Hey,
    Just got pearl 8130 last week for personal use. I was really upset when I found that I had to use a work around to send pics. Is there a way I can send ringtones and vidoes... Help.... love my phone, but really miss these features!
    05-28-08 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD