Just got my first BB I am also a reformed Palm Treo user. I have had a Treo 700 wx for the last two years. All I can say is WOW the pearl (8130) being smaller already seems to be so much faster. I can use one hand to do everything!! WHAT A CONCEPT!!! The only issue I have is sending email I can receive but only send when my laptop is on.. I have a vzw.blackberry.net account I think I have a theory on how this has to happen I need to send any email out using the blackberry account and receive on my office account. Like I said my office account works great receiving mail!! VERY FAST about as fast as my desktop. Thank god for not having to set time like send and receive every 15 minutes or whatever that is a big step forward for me!! I do not have access to the exchange server at my office so I have to use pop3 to get my office emails.. Any help is very much appreciated, if I get this right I may reform the entire office...

I have been through the search feature and what not with not knowing a lot about the BES I am hoping that is not the only way I can make this work. I also have a gmail account if that makes it easier to send from please let me know what you all think I should be able to do to get around this. I do not want to be limited to only sending mail when my laptop is on, otherwise I would just send a email from it lol.

Thank in advance all!!!!

Daryl
    05-07-08 03:17 PM
    welcome to cb!
    05-07-08 06:38 PM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    Here are a some info that may help you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ats-difference
    Hope these are of help to you
    05-07-08 09:38 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    05-07-08 10:01 PM
    great choice on the pearl
    05-07-08 10:27 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    05-07-08 10:40 PM
    To add a pop3 acct:
    -go to menu (all the dots)
    -scroll down and select "email settings" (usually a globe with an envelpoe)
    -Click on "create new acct"
    -accpet terms and conditions

It should prompt for your email acct username and password. Enter it in and you should be set to rock n roll!
    05-07-08 10:51 PM
    Welcome 2 the family...
    05-07-08 11:09 PM
    Welcome to the crack!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 11:22 PM
    Welcome to CB
    05-08-08 05:33 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    05-08-08 05:49 AM
    hey hey,, such a nood to the bb,, had it a couple days now love it! but need to learn how to use it properly an get the best out of it,, also tips on maintaining it,, also new to this site an much the same problem :P just hope i dont break it or mess it up anyhow...
    05-08-08 06:03 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    05-08-08 06:24 AM
    dsaundersrcn,

So are you on BES or BIS? BES - BlackBerry Enterprise Server is for corporations that run their own Blackberry email server. BIS - Blackberry Internet Server. It allows you to get all of your POP mail, plus tie into your company's Microsoft Exchange server for corporate mail.

If you are on BES, your company IT admin will have to set your mail up. If you are on BIS, you can add up to 10 email accounts here.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    05-08-08 06:49 AM
    welcome to the crack.
    05-08-08 08:21 AM
    I am using BIS I have emails setup will test in a few.... In and out of meetings all morning. Just wanted to say thanks for all the great info!!!
    05-08-08 10:05 AM
    With BIS do I have to use desktop redirector?? I get the email with a strange attachment in my account and it just sits there till I fire up my laptop and then boom they all send because the redirector is running. Can I switch my default account in the black berry would that make a difference, I am not sure if the email server that I have as default can redirect or whatever the black berry is looking for.
    05-09-08 09:59 AM
    No - with BIS, redirector is not needed. If you're getting this - "This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server." -you will need to uninstall the Desktop Manager from your PC and reinstall it making sure you select BIS on setup. Then go to: Options > Advanced > Service Book, and delete all service books for [Desktop]
    05-09-08 10:02 AM
    Welcome from another newbie
    05-09-08 10:24 AM
    welcome welcome welcome
    05-09-08 10:27 AM
    welcome to cb!
    05-09-08 04:33 PM
    I have successfully sent an email from my 8130!!! Chaz and everyone thank you for the info! I ended up wiping the phone of all the data, then set up my accounts with BIS (Neat apps!! *remembering I am a x-WM5.0 user ) Resending my books (accounts) and installing the app again this time selecting BIS, works like a charm.

Now is it normal to go to messages and see every message from all accounts?

Thanks again!
    Daryl
    05-09-08 06:50 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Bienvenido a casa!

Salam
    05-14-08 06:32 PM
    Just a quick welcome to Crackberry!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 08:37 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    05-19-08 09:04 AM