I need a bit of help.

How do I change my signature on my out going email?

also I have three email accounts setup. my tmo, yahoo and business (mail.mandbcpa.com). yahoo works very fast but I am having problems with my business account. I also had problems with my 7100 getting my work email. Some messages would come through and some wouldn't make it.

any ideas??

thanks in advance
    03-14-07 07:15 PM
    1. Go into messages for the email account you want to change the signature in.

2. Bring up the scroll menu by hitting the track wheel.

3. Go to options.

4. Go to Email Settings

5. Go to Use Auto Signature, and select Change Option, pick yes.

6. This will put a little text field below the Use Auto Signature Line where you can type in the signature you would like.

7. When finished click the track wheel again and hit save.

8. Escape back to the messages screen, compose a message and voilla! sig should be there.
    03-14-07 07:31 PM
    Are the problems you are having with your work email due to a spam filter perhaps that your company is using? I would start by checking with your IT department on that one, could be a multitude of different issues. If you want to elaborate a little more on the issues you are having, someone might be able to help.
    03-14-07 07:33 PM
    Thanks for the help so far....

perhaps I should clarify that I have a 8700g

when I go to options in the message folder I get General Options or Email Reconciliation. When I look at the sub options I don't see anything regarding signatures.

I am a 2 man office that uses a web hosting company to do my website and email. I can check my mail online as well as using MS Outlook (I guess it logs in and pulls it from the email hosting company which uses "SmarterMail Professional 4.0") I don't see any filters but I do see a forwarding option. When I log in online to check my mail I enter my email address and password, when I open Outlook it automatically checks my mail.

Do many people forward their work email to another address so they can receive the message?

thanks again
    03-14-07 08:44 PM
    Oops I am sorry, I just tried the emulator for all the 8700g and I did not see any way to auto-append a signature. Not to say that it isn't possible, I will do some more digging and see if I can find any more information.

As far as your email goes, do you have your ISP keep the mail on the server even if it is being downloaded via POP3? For example, if you download a message with Outlook, and it is not kept on the server, then you will not be able to download it on your CB. Is this what you are talking about? I have not seen any issues so far with POPing mail to the CB, and I have used many different providers.
    03-14-07 09:42 PM
    If you are using BIS, you can just log on to T-Mobile's BIS page and change your signature there. That's the easiest way to do it. It will allow you to modify it for each email account.
    03-15-07 05:48 AM
    Your hosting company should enable you to have it forwarded if you cant do it? Surely?
    03-15-07 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD