hey guys, if any of you use irc feel free to come and chat

#crackberry on irc.freenode.net

11-20-07 03:28 PM
    If I can do it from my phone, I'll join you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-07 05:52 PM
    you can use the jMirc install to axxs from BB
    11-23-07 06:01 AM
    Anyone know of an IRC program other than jMirc? I've tried it in the past and it doesn't seem to stay connected.
    11-23-07 10:32 AM
    I stay connected with jMirc, but it is just a pain! You can't use any other application if you have it running. No application switching or background. I don't say this unless I mean it, but it does suck.

Though it does serve my purpose though. Checking my "cyber" bfs if they are online and what channel they are currently browsing helps jk
    11-23-07 11:15 AM
    oooh I wanna be a cyber bf - I'm gonna go download it again
    11-23-07 12:37 PM
    oooh I wanna be a cyber bf - I'm gonna go download it again
    HAHAHA, that got me laughing so hard.

If you can't find a cyber gf, I have one more spot available
    11-23-07 12:58 PM
    geez with an offer like that I don't even wanna bother looking! Where do I sign up!!
    11-23-07 04:52 PM
    Hehehe, just ask me my PIN and I'll send you an IRC application

11-23-07 06:22 PM
    the only other one I know of thats reliable is called vIrc, but it's old and no longer developed, and ..well....kinda shotty, I wish I could develop stuff, I'd make an Irc app.
    11-23-07 07:07 PM
    Anyone know of an IRC program other than jMirc? I've tried it in the past and it doesn't seem to stay connected.
    I don't think it is the program, itself, but rather a setting in Freenode to prevent bots from roaming. At least I remember reading that somewhere about Freenode. I have the same problem but not on another service.
    11-26-07 07:28 AM
    I stay connected with jMirc, but it is just a pain! You can't use any other application if you have it running. No application switching or background. I don't say this unless I mean it, but it does suck.
    I don't know what BB you are using but I found that on my 8703e if I press the "end" button for the phone while in jMirc it will go back to the main menu without ending the jMirc session. You can go back to the program and the IRC will be up and uninterrupted. You might give that a try.
    11-26-07 07:59 AM
    Ive been using jMirc for a while and it works fine for me. It does allow you to switch applications when you hit Alt and Esc, try it out and see if it works. The only thing that does suck is that you can't type directly to the channel, but I could live with that.
    Last edited by cik; 11-30-07 at 11:38 PM.
    11-28-07 07:33 PM
    I wish this owuld take off I'd just sit in MIRC channel all day lol.
    04-10-08 01:44 PM
    I'll have to look into this tomorrow. Getting ready to go out tonight.

04-10-08 11:06 PM
    Jmirc never works for me, its straight bull****... Says something about:

***Error tryin gto connect to HTTP proxy server, aborting.. Exception Open tunnel - failure

Wtf do i do???
    04-11-08 06:22 PM
    Woah dude, watch the language and attitude!

Do you have the APN info added to the TCP options for your BB?
    04-11-08 08:33 PM
    Well, I will not use bad language, but I am having the same issues as the other person posted above..

I am using a Curve on Rogers.. and I have no idea how to set it up, other than to download it.

Could someone please provide me with a really detailed walkthrough so I could get this program to work on my BB?

Thanks in advance.
    05-26-08 01:59 PM
    Anyone find a better alternative to jmIrc? If so, please pin message me! pin:3027d7ec

09-06-08 09:52 PM
    I can connect but can't see anyone chatting

02-08-09 04:17 AM
    My only issue is that I can't connect to IRC with my curve. It's depressing. I used to not have an issue using jmirc and all of a sudden, I just can't connect anymore. I've rebooted a bunch of times and still nothing. Help?
    02-09-09 01:38 PM
    I can connect but can't see anyone chatting

This thread is a few months old. Don't think this ever caught on.
    02-09-09 01:46 PM
    Hey just thought I would let all you guys know I am developing an IRC app for BB, it might require OS4.5 or higher(as thats the api's I'm basing this on) But it will be written specificly for the blackberry and should work much better than jmIrc(jmIrc is the reason I am writing this app, pissed me off one too many times)

Don't expect it like tomorrow, but maybe by the end of the month. BTW I'm slackin from Urban Terror(who happens to own a blackberry.)

Hope to catch you on gamesurge or etg soon! ;p
    12-13-09 11:07 PM
    I patiently await its arrival. thanks. Im an IRC junkie on my computer....
    02-05-10 04:23 AM
    whats up Slackin? hows the project going on so far?
    02-27-10 04:48 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD