Hi All,

Yesterday after 4yrs of iPhone use culminating in the 4, I finally got fed up with not having a tactile keyboard for input as well as iffy signal problems - went into my phone shop and handled the Bold 9900...........instant lust, a beautiful machine with a superb keyboard that just feels so right, couple that with a nice fast processor and a great screen that offers touch as well as great touchpad control - Wow.

The signal is also so much better than that on the iPhone and also calls are cleaner and interference free.

Great to set up Emails etc and even the included case is a nice touch so all in all a great swap especially when I got �200 back for the iPhone so 9900 was free and also money in the bank!!

I am looking forward to a long stay on here and learning from the font of knowledge amongst the members - my wife has also recently upgraded her phone and got the Curve 9360 that she loves so now 2 Blackberry owners in the family!!

Deep Joy
    06-24-12 02:10 PM
    Welcome Iansky!!

I know you'll find new friends, great tips/tricks, and help when you need it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do us a great favor: if you've come from an iPhone site, don't go there and "boast/taunt/gloat" about the switch. we seem to be inundated with folks who feel the need to post here that the are "leaving BlackBerry" and who sling a bucketful of trash as they go.

I like your classy "I am here" entry SOOOO much more than their obnoxious "I am leaving".

Again - WELCOME!!
    kbz1960, Eli_B, mzceetee and 1 others like this.
    06-24-12 02:20 PM
    Welcome to the forum. Please put your troll waders on
    06-24-12 02:30 PM
    Thank you both for the welcome.

I would not dream of slating the iPhone, it is a great phone that has served me well and for what it is it hits the mark, however, the need for a tactile keyboard was my priority and nothing works or looks like the Blackberry in that category.

It is also the handset of choice where I work for the mobile sales team and the senior team are all currently using Bold 9900's so that was a good endorsement for me going this route.

Got it yesterday so still learning but loving it's fluid handling so far.

I am having problems connecting home Wifi to my 9900 and wife's 9360 - contacted ISP yesterday, redid all settings on router and got ISP to check them their end, all working and no issues using wifi for laptop - both phones find network, enter authorisation code which it recognises and phones save wifi details but will not connect.

There must be something I am not doing on both Blackberry's so any suggestions would be gratefully accepted as I want to use wifi at home!

Sorry about the ramble
    06-24-12 02:53 PM
    Do you have numbers and letters in your key? Did you check to show when typing it in so you can see it is typed right? Otherwise if your router is wps enabled you can try to connect that way.
    06-24-12 02:58 PM
    Iansky,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your 9900
    06-24-12 06:39 PM
    Welcome Iansky to the Crackberry Forum -enjoy your stay... and congrat's on your's and wife new Blackberries...
    06-24-12 08:58 PM
    Hello! I'm pretty new to the BB world myself. I'm awaiting my 9670 as we speak.

Man I hope Boost Mobile gets a Torch or a Bold. I'd love a touchscreen with that wonderful BB keyboard.

�~*Boost Mobile/Virgin Mobile*~�
    06-26-12 06:52 AM
    Welcome to crackberry, where experts and newbies are treated equally. Enjoy your new device, and welcome to the family.
    06-26-12 07:59 PM
    I also used an iPhone, still do, and even though I have an old BB model (9300) I'm thinking about upgrading. I was sad to see that BB10 won't come out until next year, but at the same time it frees me to buy a new BB now. I'm just looking at what options I have, they all look good. I'm leaning towards a tactile keyboard though.
    07-01-12 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD