Hi there! The wife and I just dropped our Treo 650's in exchange for Curve 8330's from Sprint. So far, so good. Setup was painless and now it's just a matter of customizing, outfitting with the apps we want, and getting used to the differences between the Treo and the BB.

That said, I have a few questions.

1.) Is there any way to thread SMS messages by sender? On the Treo, each SMS conversation was organized by sender (I'm big on organizing). On the BB, it seems to create a new SMS entry for each communication received, creating a massive list. Can it be organized so that SMS messages appear "filed" under the sender (ex. when entering the SMS menu, I'd see a list of names, and if I selected a name, THEN I'd see the message history from that particular person)?

2.) Is there any way to "train" the voice dialing to better recognize names? My wife has an unusual first name, and when I say it at the voice dialing prompt, it gives me a list of names from my address book that are "close", but it only provides 3 choices and she doesn't make the top 3. I've adjusted the settings to not be so picky, but I'm looking for a way to make this convenient. (Or is there a way to make it dial a speed dial from voice dialing? That might work.)

3.) Our kids LOVE the SprintTV feature. It's great for them on long car rides. But can anyone recommend some nice games for the BlackBerry? We had a bunch on our Treos (a lot of the PopCap games), but I'm not sure if there's better stuff for BB?

Thanks in advance!
    10-20-08 03:58 PM
    Welcome to CB!

For question #1: I personally don't know of a way to re-organize the display of messages other than by mailbox.

For question #2: I am unaware of a way to"train" voice dialing for unusual names.

For question #3: Check out this web site. There are many links to various types of software for the BB.

Enjoy!
    10-20-08 04:45 PM
    Welcome to cb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 04:52 PM
    Sylin: welcome to CB and the Blackberry universe!

I'm a recovering Palm & Treo addict and the one thing I do miss are threaded sms texts. I've not figured out a way to really organize them. The list is so long sometimes that they practically spill onto the floor. There may a solution out there but haven't found it yet.

Can't help you with games, but you or your kids might find something entertaining at: videos4blackberry.info where I download free videos and TV shows.

Post if you find a way to really thread sms messages!
    10-20-08 08:37 PM
    Hello & welcome to the CB family!

10-20-08 08:56 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!
    10-20-08 10:09 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!

10-20-08 10:18 PM
    welcome to cb!
    10-22-08 09:17 AM
    Hello & enjoy the addiction!!!