i know you can do it but i've having trouble figuring out how, i went to blackberrydotcom/aim on mini opera on my phone but for some reason it didnt let me download anything, i also have the blackberry desktop manager installed on my laptop if i can do it that way, someone help please?
    06-22-07 04:02 AM
    You would have to go to that website directly from the BB Browser, but it has been flaky and not working for most people. I'd suggest using JiveTalk instead. Go to beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging to download it for free for 30 days.
    06-22-07 10:10 AM
    FABULOUS LINK.
    w/ clear instructions.
    AIM for BlackBerry smartphones - AOL Mobile
    02-19-08 11:41 AM
    JiveTalk is great. 5 Stars!
    02-19-08 01:19 PM
    I would agree that JiveTalk is simply the best!!!
    02-19-08 02:22 PM
    but with JiveTalk do you only talk to other JiveTalk customers or can you talk to AIM members as well? im confused?
    02-20-08 03:41 PM
    but with JiveTalk do you only talk to other JiveTalk customers or can you talk to AIM members as well? im confused?
    you can talk to anyone. even if they dont have jive talk.
    06-14-08 09:29 AM
    I dont use any of those so... Welcome to CRACKberry!!
    06-14-08 11:41 AM
    im looking at yak and jivetalk and jive talk is winning so far
    06-14-08 07:48 PM
    can some one please help how do download AIM on my phone i have a BB curve 8320
    06-15-08 04:20 PM
    Are Verizon users unable to DL Aim for Blackberry? I pulled up the link that was posted above, and while it was clear and DID have great directions, I was unable to find how Verizon Customers can download AIM. I find it hard to believe that an app as universal as AIM wouldn't be available, but I wouldn't be surprised, knowing how VZ likes to lock down access to anything free. Can anyone help?
    06-15-08 06:46 PM
    I concur with the jivetalk endorsements.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 06:48 PM
    JiveTalk is the way to go.
    06-15-08 08:33 PM
    Verizon customers cannot download AIM. You need to get Jivetalk, it really is the best. I enjoy it more than AIM itself.
    06-15-08 09:48 PM
    I had the same issue with my VZW Curve, until I realized that I could go into AIM off of the AOL main page and direct any IMs I get into my phone. Solves the problem for me, since my Dad and a bunch of other people use AIM pretty much exclusively. Beats paying twenty bucks for an all-IM program...

Just my 2 cents. 48 more and I've got Fiddy.

eggman
    06-15-08 10:40 PM
    I had the same issue with my VZW Curve, until I realized that I could go into AIM off of the AOL main page and direct any IMs I get into my phone. Solves the problem for me, since my Dad and a bunch of other people use AIM pretty much exclusively. Beats paying twenty bucks for an all-IM program...

Just my 2 cents. 48 more and I've got Fiddy.

eggman
    Just make sure you have an unlimited text plan, everyone of those IMs that AIM redirects to your phone will be considered a text. That can rack your bill up VERY QUICKLY if you don't have unlimited. I learned the hard way with a $2,000 bill. Just a heads up if ya didn't know. If you did know, well then ignore this!
    06-15-08 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD