Hi there everyone!
    My name's Lyssa and I'm possibly thinking about getting a Blackberry, so who better to convince me to than a forum of blackberry users .

I currently have a HTC Touch Diamond on 02 PAYG and whilst its nice and all I really miss physical buttons and I don't have a data plan so really only use it for texting and calling.
    I was going to just get a bog standard 'dumbphone' but then saw that they are just as expensive as smartphones and the carphone warehouse were doing a Blackberry Curve 8520 for �15/month (100 mins, unlimited texts).

So basically my question is: is it stupid to get a Blackberry when I will mostly use it for texting and calls? Would it still be worth it without a data plan? Although I am tempted by the data plan, going from �10 a month on PAYG to �25 is a big difference. Or should I just get a 'dumbphone'?

Sorry for the stupidly long first post, I'm a very indecisive person so I thought I'd ask the guys who know about it all

Lyssa
    11-15-09 04:56 PM
    Welcome to the forum! I love my BB, even if just for the texting with the full keypad. Even without a data plan, u won't be dissappointed, especially coming from an HTC like I was!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 09:32 PM
    I love BB's. From the blackberry messenger (which is great for keeping in touch for free with all my international mates) to the full keyboard for SMS, emails, cool applications etc etc.

You have to get a BB.
    11-16-09 10:33 AM
    BB is great for running multiple apps at the same time.
    11-17-09 04:00 PM
    Welcome to the forums!!! I have been using a blackberry for over 5 years now. It is a phone, etc, etc that once you get one and know how to use it, you will never be able to get away from them.
    11-17-09 07:31 PM
    I know how the phone works where I'm lost @ is the forums !!! Lol

11-18-09 04:40 PM
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm looking into getting one now, went into Phones4U to see if they would match the �15 deal, as Carphone Warehouse was packed, and they tried to sell me a �30 package and told me it was stupid to have a blackberry without data. So I wasn't very impressed with Phones4U (maybe thats why they were empty!) and left empty handed.

Lyssa
    11-19-09 05:41 AM
    It kinda is though. To get the most from the device you need BIS and an unlimited data plan. Check out Mobiles.co.uk They are owned by the Carphone Warehouse, but offer better deals. I got a curve 8900 with 300mins, unlimited text, data and BIS for �30pm on Vodafone, BUT mobiles.co.uk give me cashback throughout the contract (�255 in 5 installments) therefore it works out at �15 over the first 17 Months.
    11-19-09 07:59 AM
    Hey again! I'm writing this on my new 8520. Phones4u kettering got me, they were more persausive than at nottingham. I've switched to orange which I wasn't going to do originally. Its an 18 month contract at 25 per month for 600 mins 500 texts, unlim data. Got a month free and 25 cash. Thanks for the help!
    Lyssa

11-20-09 03:49 PM
    Glad you got one in the end. You just opened youself up to a whole new world. You will be addicted to it in no time! You will keep visiting Crackberry, imagine you see a blinking red light and constantly have your blackberry in your hand!

11-21-09 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD