I never had a problem then all of a sudden this morning all of my messages start automatically deleting unless they are saved. Both blackberry messenger and text messages. Now I can't even see my bbm messages. I see that I have a new one but I can't even view it because it automatically deletes. I'm guessing that maybe my memory is full? But I really have no idea... please help. Thank youu
    11-29-08 03:54 PM
    I suggest you look at options->status and see what your "file free" is right now.

I reset my phone from time to time to get my file free above 10 meg on my BB 8830. You do have your email set to only keep messages a limited time, right? If you pick forever, then your phone memory will fill up. Right now, I have mine set to 30 days but I might switch to 14 days and use gmail search when I want to go back through years of (well more than 2 weeks of) mail.
    11-29-08 04:00 PM
    I just checked my file free and I have plenty of space. And yes I have it set to hold onto messages for 30 days also. Soooo back to the drawing board any other ideas??
    11-29-08 04:02 PM
    Sounds like a memory issue. You may consider checking out this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 04:02 PM
    yes i agree........ you can even keep your messages forever if you wanted
    11-29-08 04:03 PM
    I just checked my file free and I have plenty of space. And yes I have it set to hold onto messages for 30 days also. Soooo back to the drawing board any other ideas??
    by plenty of space do you mean over 12000000 bytes? this is kind of the sweet spot, anything less and things get deleted check out the links posted above to clear you memory up a little bit.
    11-29-08 04:11 PM
    So I lied, I read it wrong hah. I definitely am a little low on memory. I went in and cleared out some cookies and deleted a few files and everything is working again. I'm going to go ahead and go through and delete applications and whatnot that I don't use. Thanks for the help everyone. If anyone has any other tips on helping my file free other then that link please let me know.

Thanks again
    11-29-08 04:19 PM
    That link is all you'll ever need lol follow that and you'll be fine. I never clear my logs and mine stays up around 26 megabytes or so with little fluctuation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 04:31 PM
    I was looking at my database sizes under my used space and almost everything is being used up by "Content Store". I was wondering if someone could tell me what this was and how I could possibly try clearing up some space from it?

Thank you
    11-29-08 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD