After going through 9 iphones (both 2g and 3g) due to product defects, I finally said enough is enough. I love the iphone interface and features. However, I hate the touch keyboard, reception, and over-all buggy nature of the phone. With more firmware updates and stricter application testing and review of 3rd parts apps, it will probably be a good phone down the road. I use my phone for business and it's unacceptable to have that much epic failure.

Anyway, on to the BB. I'm lost. My wife has one, and she's helping but her BB is a few years old and there are some differences in the models.

I've done some searching on here and haven't been able to find specific answers. I was hoping I could just post four or five of my major questions on this thread for the time being to get some help to get me up and running.

Question 1: I have both macs and pc's in the house and pc's at the office. I currently have all my contacts and itunes on the mac at home being that I was using the iphone. Right now I am using pocketmac to synch my BB to the mac contact list. Are there any disadvantages to using the mac (certain apps that wont load, etc), or is it the same user experience. Like I said, all my itunes files are on the mac too so it would be nice to keep everything on one machine.
    11-15-08 06:35 AM
    The biggest thing you will find is that you cannot do the OS updates from PocketMac. I honestly find that to be the only thing I need windows for. When an OS update comes up, I plug into a Windows computer and do my update, no harm done.

As far as doing theme and app installs, I simply just find Over the Air (OTA) installs that people put online and either navigate to the link on my BB or email the link to myself and click on it from the email.
    11-15-08 08:00 AM
    good choice
    and a good switch
    11-15-08 11:07 AM
    All you need a Windows PC for are OS updates PocketMac wil take care of everything else. More importantly, though, it sounds like you really feel lost and confused. We'll be more than happy to help you out on this forum. BB's certainly have a bit of a learning curve but once you learn how to use them, they're pretty easy and powerful. What are your other questions?
    11-15-08 12:22 PM
    There are some MAC discussions happening here at CB http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/

Otherwise search away and you can findless endless help and info.

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.

Welcome to CB!
    11-15-08 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD