I have Microsoft Outlook. I have successfully got the desktop manager to sync all of the contact information, but not the actual email messages. In fact, in the synchronize area, on the configuration tab, the configure reconciliation tab for messages is grayed out. Why doesn't it allow me an option to configure the sync of messages?
    05-03-08 01:13 AM
    Are you on BES? And are you syncing wirelessly? The following steps work for BES with wireless sync. I have not tried them for BIS and cannot be sure they will work in that case. I'm going to be out, and so am going to go ahead and send the steps now, since I won't be around later to send them if you respond in the affirmative to my first two questions.

If you are on BES, what you are describing sounds like a desktop sync service book problem. I've experienced it with calendars and contacts, never messages, but it's worth trying. Here are the steps:
    1. Options/Advanced Options/Service Books
    2. Select the entry "Desktop [SYNC]"
    3. Push the Menu button
    4. Select Delete
    5. Answer "yes" to the "are you sure question?"
    6. Without turning off the blackberry, remove the battery
    7. Leave the battery out for 2 minutes or so
    8. Put the battery back in
    9. After the blackberry boots up, select Options/Advanced Options/Service Books
    10. Push the Menu button
    11. Select Undelete
    The Wireless Sync option should now be present for Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Messages, and Calendar. I walked thru these steps with my properly functioning 8830 before I published them. The first time I undeleted, the service book came back, but the Wireless Sync option did not come back. I repeated the entire process and the second time the Wireless Sync capability was restored. So if you do it and it doesn't work, repeat the entire process before giving up.
    Hope this helps.
    05-03-08 10:34 AM
    What about for users who do not use BES, but use BIS instead? I fired up my Desktop Manager and tried to sync up with Outlook, but while I can sync up my tasks, contacts, notes, and calendar, the option to configure reconciliation for messages is grayed out, and the check box on the Synchronize tab for "Reconcile Messages" is also grayed out.

I'm kind of thinking that it's not necessary to sync messages to outlook if the reconciliation is done over the air anyhow, but there is some reason that those options are there in the first place.

Another thing with DM is that the help function doesn't seem to do anything. (I tried looking in help before posting another message here, but when I click help, I get an hourglass for one or two seconds and then nothing happens)... so I'm open to the idea that something might not be installed correctly.

By the way, this is for a brand new Curve 8330.
    05-15-08 08:04 PM
    I don't use BIS, so I don't know what scenario might result in those options not being grayed out. My BES email account is down at the moment, and DTM wants email access, so I can't check the configuration options, but I don't think wired reconciliation is possible concurrent with OTA reconciliation. I also can't check the help files at the moment.

I assume you are using Outlook 2003 or 2007 and Desktop Manager 4.2 or 4.3. I believe there are compatibility problems wtih Outlook 2000.
    05-16-08 02:47 AM
    Welcome to crackberry.com
    05-16-08 04:29 AM
    Welcome to CRACKberry!! Hope you get your problems resolved, Have fun and enjoy.
    05-18-08 03:44 PM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry family!
    05-18-08 06:57 PM
    I have the same issue. It used to work.
    I have a usb cradle and I'm assuming if you delete an email on your BB ...
    that came from your desktop and you mark delete on device and handheld and you place bb in cradle it will delete from your device and the original inbox. It isn't wireless recon but ....

Hopefully this is somewhat english!!
    06-23-08 08:11 PM
    welcome to CB...heres some useful info>> BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-23-08 08:15 PM
    What about for users who do not use BES, but use BIS instead? I fired up my Desktop Manager and tried to sync up with Outlook, but while I can sync up my tasks, contacts, notes, and calendar, the option to configure reconciliation for messages is grayed out, and the check box on the Synchronize tab for "Reconcile Messages" is also grayed out.

I'm kind of thinking that it's not necessary to sync messages to outlook if the reconciliation is done over the air anyhow, but there is some reason that those options are there in the first place.

Another thing with DM is that the help function doesn't seem to do anything. (I tried looking in help before posting another message here, but when I click help, I get an hourglass for one or two seconds and then nothing happens)... so I'm open to the idea that something might not be installed correctly.

By the way, this is for a brand new Curve 8330.
    I USED the Search function because I've got this same issue..as original poster..maybe someone can spell it out for me?

I looked through the BB FAQ that was posted but I'm not seeing an answer--please help. Ive been searching the forum for 45mins.
    07-12-08 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD