Hey Guys,

I just bought an unlocked Blackberry Bold from Vodafone. I updted the OS to the latest one which is .167 and i deleted the vendor file. My question is how to get rid of vodafone theme and its application?

Do i have to wip everything and then reinstall it again? Also, how i transfer my contacts in my Nokia to Blackberry?

Thanks
    11-11-08 11:49 AM
    You may need to keep the themes so future 3rd party themes will work properly. The stock themes work as a backbone for the 3rd party themes. Also, transfering your contacts would depend on your model Nokia, if it will sync to outlook, you can move them that way.
    11-11-08 12:25 PM
    CrackMem is your friend - do a search for it. It allows you to delete vendor-specific themes as part of your upgrade. It's a sweet, free, program that I recommend to anyone upgrading their OS. It was created by Pete6, one of the mods here.
    11-11-08 02:07 PM
    crackmem is the best!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 02:08 PM
    You may need to keep the themes so future 3rd party themes will work properly. The stock themes work as a backbone for the 3rd party themes. Also, transfering your contacts would depend on your model Nokia, if it will sync to outlook, you can move them that way.
    You can get rid of the Carrier theme, but should keep the stock BB themes as they are apart of the OS and deleting them could cause runnability issues. Alot of people want to delete the preloaded ringtones as well, like the BB themes, they are apart of the OS too and are small in size anyway, leave them be...
    11-11-08 02:14 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

CrackMem will do the job nicely.

It is safe to remove the Vendor supplied themes. Good thing too, Rogers supplies a truely ugly theme in Red and White. I can find much better use for the hundreds of Kb that wastes.
    11-11-08 02:27 PM
    Thanks Reed, I learned alot of what I know about this topic from you awhile back...
    11-11-08 02:30 PM
    We all learned a lot about Themes during that time.

The Memory Optimization Procedure touched briefly on themes, but feedback from participating members made it clear there were problems. Third party themes often used portion of the preinstalled themes. If the preinstalled themes were not present, very unusual result occured.

CrackMem echos that experience. It does not remove the standard themes, only carrier themes.
    11-11-08 03:52 PM
    Thanks everybody, i really appreciate your help
    11-12-08 05:47 AM
    Ok, just a quick question: Why is there any need to delete the vendor themes? Can't you just use another theme and it's fine?

Or do you plan to re-sell the BB?
    11-12-08 06:40 AM
    coz i want to get rid of vodafone theme an all the icons in the menu. There is no reason, but i just want to delete it. Vodafone appears even when i configure and set up a new push e-mail, although i'm not using vodafone network. I wish i could delete this as well.
    11-12-08 09:30 AM
    hey sorry to hijack someone else's thread, but i tried removing the verizon theme from my phone using crackmem but with no success... i loaded crackmem, selected my OS, ticked "remove vendor theme" clicked "execute" then ran desktop manager... did i miss a step? i tried clicking around DM as well, adding/deleting apps, etc, etc but got nothing...
    02-23-09 10:56 AM
    I think you could also "lock" the vendor thmes,. sorta a reverse step to the "Unlock Vendor Themes Guide"
    02-24-09 07:23 AM
    hey sorry to hijack someone else's thread, but i tried removing the verizon theme from my phone using crackmem but with no success... i loaded crackmem, selected my OS, ticked "remove vendor theme" clicked "execute" then ran desktop manager... did i miss a step? i tried clicking around DM as well, adding/deleting apps, etc, etc but got nothing...

I think Crackmem only removes other carrier's theme, i.e. it would keep the Verizon theme since you're on Verizon.
    02-24-09 08:52 AM
    No, it will zap all vendor themes. Depends what you command to be removed, but CM will give the result required in most cases.
    02-24-09 04:26 PM
    When you downloaded CrackMem, after it was done installing did you go to the screen icon and right click it and select run as administrator?
    02-24-09 04:30 PM
    any idea why it's not deleting my vendor themes? or is there another way to get the vendor themes out?
    02-25-09 12:40 PM
    How Do You Rememove A Theme Off Your Phone Without Using Any Additional Software?
    03-04-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD