Hi,
    I am a nwe BB user. I have a Pearl 8100 from TMobile.
    To start off, I absolutely hate the BB and I hate TMobile as well.

My question is how can I reconcile my email from my mailbox with messages on my BB unit. My mailbox email that has been deleted or moved to another folder, still shows up on my bb handset.

Thanks

AK.
    01-17-08 08:56 AM
    okay my question in then, why did you get a black berry if you hate it......
    01-17-08 09:19 AM
    go to your e-mail folder, hit the menu button, go down to reconcile now.
    01-17-08 09:22 AM
    Are you on BIS or BES? I don't think the Reconcile option does anything on BIS. However, it should sync you mailbox eventually.
    01-17-08 09:22 AM
    ew boy, this thread is just asking for flaming...

BIS personal mail won't reconcile.

BES will.

You need to be more helpful in your setup in order for someone here to help you.
    01-17-08 09:29 AM
    okay my question in then, why did you get a black berry if you hate it......
    because TMobile only gives you 14 days to try out the POS. unlike other companies that give you 30 days

Thanks for playing, dude.
    01-17-08 09:34 AM
    go to your e-mail folder, hit the menu button, go down to reconcile now.
    Tried "reconcile now", does not do a damn thing.

Not sure if I am on BIS or BES. How do I find that out?
    01-17-08 09:35 AM
    is it corporate? or is it just like gmail? options-advanced-enterprise activation , check the status, let us know
    01-17-08 09:39 AM
    is it corporate? or is it just like gmail? options-advanced-enterprise activation , check the status, let us know
    not corporate. I would quit the company if it was a corporate BB.
    Its a personal BB. And I have yahoo email.
    01-17-08 09:40 AM
    any e-mails already there before you got the blackberry (as far as i know) will never sync, aside from forwarding all of them to yourself again. but from this point on it should update eventually. make sure when you delete messages you delete them off the phone and mailbox. as well, on your BIS, not sure what the website is for TMO maybe someone else can help, but make sure your settings are in case of conflict you want the inbox to be right not your phone by the sounds of it.
    01-17-08 09:46 AM
    Sit back take a breath and chill out, as a new member of this forum, I advise you to change your attitude or you will not last long.

As far as address a device as a POS. There is no need for that here, we all have our opinons but your coming off the wrong way already. and when somebody tries to give you help and you saying it doesn't do a _____ thing isn't helping either
    I guess your not to happy with your BB, maybe taske it back and try something else. it's up to you... But it's not our fault, and don't make it out to be...

Oh I'm not your dude.
    Last edited by yester18; 01-17-08 at 09:49 AM.
    01-17-08 09:46 AM
    I am having issues with reconciling my emails from my Outlook 2007 to my blackberry pearl. The issue is that I am opening and deleting email on my outlook through my PC but they are not deleting from the handheld or showing that they were read. In the past I have been able to go to the menu from the messages and choose "reconcile now". But for some reason that option isn't there today. So I checked my settings by going to the options and email reconciliation. The Delete On: feature is set to Mailbox and Handheld. I think that is the proper setting if I want them to delete on the BB if I delete from Outlook and vice versa.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the "reconcile now" option back on? I am drowning in over 700 emails in 2 days!!

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
    08-05-08 03:41 PM
    Hello,
    I just got a blackberry bold a few weeks ago (BIS). I have my gmail, hotmail, and work accounts and they have all been working great until today. I started receiving old mail from 4 months ago on both my gmail and hotmail accounts (not my work one, which is connected to outlook). The e-mails come in clusters (eight, then five 10 minutes later, then four 15 minutes later, etc). It's really odd...these are mails that have been opened and read by me months ago. I reconciled both on my blackberry and i'm still receiving clusters. The old mail is not coming in any particular order or pattern.

The only thing i have changed are the firewall settings on my BB...but i only configured them on text messages so i wouldn't receive any. I did this last night.

Thanks in advance for help!
    03-03-09 05:49 PM
    I have my blackberry BIS set up to recieve emails, and I also have my laptop with Outlook 2007. Now I finally got my blackberry email working properly for several email addy's hotmail, and qwest, but now my Outlook 07 has started duplicating and triplicating everything in its inbox, that's not fun. I was wondering if that might have to do with the blackberry, which by the way is so not a POS, LOVE IT, and love all you guys-so helpful and usually so prompt (just like my verizon blackberry curve). If only it came in other colors.
    03-04-09 07:28 PM
    Greetings, I'm hoping this thread is still alive. I just got a Storm, I'm having a blast with it but am not sure what the "reconcile" does. I know what reconcile means but is this a wireless function or do I have to have the BB attached via the desktop manager software before it takes effect? currently it appears if I do a send recieve as soon as I am expecting an email it appears in Outlook, however if I send an email and wait, it appears on the BB and no amount of send recieve makes it appear in Outlook
    03-13-09 08:57 AM
    I also just got a Storm and am using my gmail account. When I read messages on my BB, my email on the computer is "reconciled". However, when I read messages on my computer, my BB is not "reconciled". I assumed that reconcile means that both will be in sync. I tried the reconcile now option and played with the email reconcile options (prompt or mailbox and handheld). Neither of which do anything.

Basically, when I'm at work, I use my computer to email. I don't want to have to keep marking each individual message read on my BB...I can't even find a "mark all as read" option. Any thoughts/suggestion?
    04-14-09 11:23 AM
    I just found a thread that I can't link yet since I'm so new. Google kreslasky and bb email reconcile. According to this, I am not right about the reconcile email option. It's just pertaining to deleted messages. What about read and unread messages?
    04-14-09 11:38 AM
    I switched jobs recently, so I've been setting up my BB Curve 8330 (VZW) with my new Outlook email. I use Desktop Manager to sync everything but email, which is through a POP server (Outlook via Yahoo Business email). This should come in just like Gmail or Yahoo, but it's not happening. I can send an Outlook email from my BB and it shows up on my computer's Outlook, but not in the reverse direction. I'm obviously missing a step in the setup somewhere, but can't figure it out. Help.
    04-22-09 03:33 PM
    I have the same problem! I have tried every setting I can find on my curve, and spent three hours at the verizon store having them work on it. They have told me that it must be something in outlook. Verizon is able to send test msgs to me, I can send, but get nothing on my curve. Was told to call Microsoft. Any one else out there with the same issues? Help!!!!
    07-06-09 09:29 PM
    So if I'm on my computer all day reading and deleting mail in aol and yahoo, do I have to go back and delete all that mail on my BB? It doesn't catch up over time?

And I do wish there was a way to check old mail. My Treo Pro allows me to go back so many days as well as access all my folders. I'm surprised for as email centric as the BB is, it's email is very basic unless you're on BES.
    07-27-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD