How can I transfer my contacts list from my LG Chocolate to my Storm? I would also like to transfer some ringtones, media, etc. If possible, how do I do this? Thanks. Oh yeh, ** do find what software version I'm running on my Storm? I heard theres an update to help with the performance of the phone. Thanks.
    12-05-08 03:30 PM
    I am having the same problem! Have you figured it out yet??
    12-05-08 07:51 PM
    As far as the media, if you have a memory card that is the only way you would be able to transfer them to your storm. Your contacts, Verizon should be able to do that for you in the store. And you OS can be found under Options - About.
    12-05-08 08:28 PM
    for your contacts, I would go to a verizon and have them do it (for free I might add)!
    12-05-08 09:35 PM
    Yea, I second that. Just go have Verizon do it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 11:38 PM
    for your contacts, I would go to a verizon and have them do it (for free I might add)!
    Do you need to have them transfer the contacts before I activate my Storm or does it not matter. And yes, I am new at this and totally stupid.
    12-06-08 03:06 AM
    Have you already tryed saving all contacts to the sim and then put the sim on the new phone and saving from sim card to the BB? I made that from a Motorola K1 to my new BB flip

Good luck and keep us updated about the solution you got
    12-09-08 12:02 AM
    If your carrier has the right flashing station, they can just transfer your contacts for you. If not....you may have to enter them in manually.

Your new phone can be activated and still have the numbers from your old phone transferred over. (this is with a flashing station...I have no idea if other carriers have some other system for doing this)
    12-09-08 12:30 AM
    And for our new members:

12-09-08 05:46 AM
    Version has a program that will backup your data for no cost but will show up as a charge on the bill but it won't be put on there. Just talk with them about it.
    12-09-08 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD