Hi all,

I'm new to the site, BlackBerries, and the notion of switching my current contract phone over. Here's my situation:

I bought an iPhone 3G a month ago, it sux, I need a truly smart smartphone so I want to get a Blackberry. My question is, how do i do it? I cant return the iPhone so i must sell it and buy a new phone. The only thing I know is that I have to get a SIM card based Blackberry and swap SIM cards with my iPhone and that the new phone has to be unlocked.

Is it as simple as that?
    Any tips?

Thanks all!
    09-02-08 05:38 PM
    All I grasp from what you where asking is. "I like pepperonie on my cheese pizza, does that make it a pepperonie pizza?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 05:43 PM
    If you bought your iphone only a month ago, you should still be able to take it back to att and swap it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 05:46 PM
    Sadly, you only have 14 days to return the iPhone.
    09-02-08 06:56 PM
    Can you sell the phone and buy a used BB. Than call ATT and see if they can issue you a new SIM?

Welcome to CB
    09-02-08 07:09 PM
    swapping the SIM out of the iPhone is useless because the SIM card on the iPhone does not store personal data. I know... I know... trust me I've been through this. I would suggest you sell the 3G, while the price is still right and get yourself over to a blackberry that you like. You might want to buy a used/unlocked one off the internet and tell your carrier that you need a SIM card to switch service from iPhone to BB. Also, with a little research (cause I cant remember the name of the website) but you can post the remaining time left on your carrier + phone onto a classified list where others who are hankering to get in on the action can take over your plan/phone leaving you open to swtich where you please.
    09-02-08 09:37 PM
    Sadly, you only have 14 days to return the iPhone.

Incorrect. You have 30 days to return the iPhone.

Also you do not need a new sim card. You put the one that was in the iPhone into the berry and then change the iPhone data plan to the BB data plan and voil�.
    09-02-08 10:18 PM
    Hi all,

I'm new to the site, BlackBerries, and the notion of switching my current contract phone over. Here's my situation:

I bought an iPhone 3G a month ago, it sux, I need a truly smart smartphone so I want to get a Blackberry. My question is, how do i do it? I cant return the iPhone so i must sell it and buy a new phone. The only thing I know is that I have to get a SIM card based Blackberry and swap SIM cards with my iPhone and that the new phone has to be unlocked.

Is it as simple as that?
    Any tips?

Thanks all!
    If it's at&t branded, then no unlocking is needed. If not, HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center �
    09-02-08 10:22 PM
    only 14 days to return the iphone???

and you can't insure it either!?!

Why would ANYONE want that? sheesh
    09-02-08 11:08 PM
    I'm att too.. I would sell the Iphone, plenty of people out there that would love one, take the money and get a BB. They have nice prices on the refurbished models, and some people from this site have stated that the can't even tell their refurbs are refurbed

You gotta get a BB to be a truly addicted Good luck, and welcome!
    09-03-08 12:52 AM

Incorrect. You have 30 days to return the iPhone.

Also you do not need a new sim card. You put the one that was in the iPhone into the berry and then change the iPhone data plan to the BB data plan and voil�.

No it is only 14 days unless they changed it recently .. I know CUZ I returned mine !! haha.. BB CURVE ALL THE WAY BABY
    09-03-08 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD