Can someone tell me why all of a sudden the hourglass keeps rolling around on my bb screen?! This is really starting to upset me because I'm starting to have to reboot my phone a lot lately due to this issue. Sometimes I don't even have to be on the internet and it does this. Someone please help and let me know if there is a way to stop this from happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 09:22 PM
    do a battery pull..that should do the trick
    also try cleaning out your browser cache as well
    07-09-09 08:03 AM
    If the battery pulls arent working take it into the store and have it on file that you are having problems. That will bolster your case in the event you need to get a brand new one.
    07-09-09 09:25 AM
    The battery pull is the best option. Also check to see if you can clear unnecessary applications or media.

Check and see if applications are running slowing your phone down as well. ALT+ the return key to the right of the trackball will show you what is running.

My phone did the same thing when I first got it because I loaded to much on it and had most of it running at once.
    07-09-09 09:32 AM
    I tried this ALT & Return Key (to the right of the trackball), and the things that are 'running' seem strange. Messages, BBPin.
    So my question is, how do I get them to stop running then?

Thank you
    07-09-09 01:35 PM
    Thank you all so much for the info. I will try the Alt& return key. I called sprint tech support and they had me pull my battery and sent my service books and I think that did the trick cause I haven't had the problem since then. Thank you guys once again for your help.

07-09-09 03:12 PM
    I was having the same problem like a day after I purchased the phone so tech support advised me that it was a software issue and she could help me resolve it but she suggested I return the phone and get another one since I had just got it. So that is exactly what I did and I haven't had the problem since.
    07-11-09 08:41 PM
    I did the battery pull this weekend on my 8830 and when i put it back in the OS crashed. had to get a new phone. I kept getting the hourglass spinning around for no reason.
    07-12-09 01:03 PM
    I know! That hourglass sucks!!! I just had to get mine replaced. I sure hope it doesn't do the same thing with this one.

07-13-09 09:55 PM
    Hi guys im a noob. How do you clean your browser cache?
    07-15-09 12:12 PM
    The point is, why is the hourglass spinning. Doing a battery pull does not answer that question, I'm having the same problem, doing many pulls a day and I'm sick of it. This does not solve the problem of why it's happening in the first place.
    07-31-09 01:00 PM
    gemsong, I think its an software issue. I had to end up getting mine replaced and so far so gud. I also realized that I did have a faulty phone besides the hourglass issue,because I couldn't even listen to my slacker radio, pandora, iheart, and sprint radio through my earpiece that comes with the phone and I can on the replacement. So, I would just advice u and others that's having the same problems I was having with the hourglass to just get your bb replaced. It sucks, I kno cause I had to redownload everything, but good luck to your guys!

07-31-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD