I'm new to Blackberry, but some of my mates have had one over time, so when my old phone lost the will to live, I thought I'd give them a go.

I've been a big fan of the Palm for many-a-year and have a few of them and still use it every day, but I thought I would try some new technology and the Blackberry looked nice. I absolutely hate Apple stuff, so the iPhone was never, ever, ever going to happen.

Although it's a bit different from anything I've had before I really like the blackberry, it's nice and solid, has a nice keyboard and screen and it's now got an 8GB card in it - which should keep me going for a bit.

I'm interested in any apps to get for it which are recommended, but until I get the hang of what's out there and so on, I'm a bit confused what to plump for. I'm also interested in games and any emulation software of any old 8 bit/16 bit microcomputers from the 80s (Not sure if there are any) or perhaps something like MAME for the Blackberry.

I'm also interested in doing some Java development on the Blackberry as I'm playing around with Java at the moment anyway - also are there any apps you can get/buy which give you a programming environment on the Blackberry itself? Such as BASIC or C or Java?

Anyway! I'll be reading the forums and articles on this site with interest!
    09-14-09 04:02 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

Here's a list of free apps to get you started!

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 05:57 AM
    Congrats on your 1st BB...hope you enjoy
    09-14-09 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD