I am all new to this, both in the blackberry and blogs. So please be kind.

I have a verizon blackberry curve. I was on the phone with VZW cs, i needed help in viewing attachment that are sent as a BIP file. I was told to come here for help. After I download the attachment, I then zoom to view it, the file which is a desktop snap shot, is unreadable! Any ideas or applications I can download to be able to zoom and then be able to view clearly?

Thanks
    09-11-08 12:34 PM
    I have never heard of a BIP file. That is not a file format that the BB attachment service will be able to open.
    09-11-08 12:39 PM
    I suspect you meant GIF or BMP. GIP and BIP are meaningless as sunkast pointed out. The Blackberry Attachment Service gives BES and BIS users the ability to open and view email attachments in the following formats: doc, xls, ppt, wordperfect, pdf, ascii, html, jpg, bmp, gif, png, and tiff, and the zip'd versions of these. If you can't open a GIF or BMP file, run Desktop Manager Application Loader, make sure that BlackBerry Attachment Service is checked, and let App Loader install it.
    09-11-08 02:51 PM
    A *.bip file is an ArcView Image File. It is used for GIS and mapping software. Or it could be a 3D image file, using Discrete Character Studio. I would think you would have to convert the file to some other sort of file before you can view it with your blackberry. Can you tell us anything else about the file and who it came from? What do you expect the .bip file to do?
    09-11-08 03:29 PM
    Thanks for the definition. I'm not familiar with BIP or ArcView. It will have to be converted to one of the formats listed in my post above to be viewable as an email attachment on a BlackBerry.
    09-11-08 03:39 PM
    Thanks for the definition. I'm not familiar with BIP or ArcView. It will have to be converted to one of the formats listed in my post above to be viewable as an email attachment on a BlackBerry.
    Me either, I just thought I would try googling it and got lucky.
    09-11-08 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD