I'm so frustrated with the browser.

So I just got my curve today. Because I slammed my old phone in my car door. Please don't ask how the **** it happened because I'm not even sure.

I have an unlimited data plan with Verizon.
    Whenever I try and go into the browser it says, "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries" blahblahblah blah.

I'm not sure if I missed a crucial step or something. :[

Anybody have any idea what I ****ed up?

Thanks. :]
    08-18-08 07:00 PM
    Scroll to the e-mail settings icon, select it and go to service books. Select send service books...
    08-18-08 07:02 PM
    This is going to make me seem like such a dumbass, but I can't find my e-mail settings icon. I swear I don't have one. :\
    08-18-08 07:04 PM
    its the icon wit the envilope and a red arrow if you still have the factory setting s
    08-18-08 07:06 PM
    I don't have that icon. :[
    08-18-08 07:08 PM
    It could be hidden. Scroll over any icon and hit your menu button(button to left of trackball) select show all. See if it pops up...
    08-18-08 07:09 PM
    I did that and it still didn't pop up.
    08-18-08 07:10 PM
    Tell ya what, remove your battery while the device is on. Wait a minute and re-insert. See if you got it then...
    08-18-08 07:12 PM
    damn u beat me to the pull severedeceit lol lol
    08-18-08 07:15 PM
    i feel like today my brain isn't functioning. i can't pull the friggin battery out.
    08-18-08 07:19 PM
    K. someone have my back on this as i have a pearl...
    08-18-08 07:21 PM
    There is like no space I can fit a finger to wiggle it out. And I don't want to shove something under the battery to force it out. Oi. I feel like such a newb.
    08-18-08 07:24 PM
    Give it a lil' smack on the inside of your other hand. it will pop out. Don't be scared man...
    08-18-08 07:26 PM
    u have to do it with like the lil bit of the nail
    You should be able to put something thin (edge of credit card, metal nail file, etc) between top of battery & push down toward bottom to free it up...

Or try a reset. alt-R Shift-del
    After a little forceful love I got the battery out! Restarted it. And still no e-mail settings icon. :\

Epic fail. I think so.
    08-18-08 07:29 PM
    have you installed ur dm ?
    the cd that came with ur phone ?
    08-18-08 07:31 PM
    dm is all downloaded.
    08-18-08 07:33 PM
    Get set up on your BlackBerry smartphone
    View an interactive demo to find out how to set up your email on your smartphone or follow these instructions:

To get to the email setup site:
    If there’s an Email Setup option on your smartphone’s home screen, click it.
    Alternately, there is a setup wizard on the device which will either start automatically the first time you turn on your smartphone, or will be featured as an icon on the home screen of your smartphone. When you reach the email setup screen of the setup wizard, select I want to create or add an email address.
    Click Next.
    To accept the terms of the license agreement, select the I have read and understand the End User Agreement option or check box. Click I Agree.
    To integrate an email address you already use, enter your full email address and the password for that email account.
    Click Next. The site will confirm if the email address has been successfully added. Then click OK.
    If you want to create a new email address for your BlackBerry smartphone (e.g. [email protected]), you will need to do one of the following, depending on your smartphone:

Click Create a BlackBerry email address

OR

Click I would like to create a new BlackBerry email address

Then, type the user name that you want to appear before the @ sign in your new BlackBerry email address. Click Next, followed by OK.
    To return to the setup wizard, click Log Out or Close.
    Get Set Up from Your Computer
    Select your wireless service provider below to be taken to the BlackBerry� Internet Service website to set up your email accounts.

Canada
    Bell Mobility
    Fido
    Rogers Wireless, Inc.
    TELUS Communications Inc.
    United States
    ALLTEL Communications, Inc.
    AT&T
    Cbeyond Communications, Inc.
    Cellular South, Inc.
    CellularOne
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless, LLC
    Dobson Cellular Systems, Inc.
    Edge Wireless, LLC
    HELIO, Inc.
    Nextel Operations, Inc.
    NTELOS Communications Inc.
    Skytel
    Sprint Spectrum L.P.
    SunCom Wireless Operating Company,
    TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
    TMobile
    United States Cellular Corporation
    Verizon
    BlackBerry Enterprise Solution
    Use the BlackBerry� Enterprise Server option to associate your smartphone with a Microsoft� Outlook, IBM� Lotus� Notes� or Novell� GroupWise� work email account and to take advantage of advanced wireless data synchronization capabilities.

If your system administrator has provided you with an enterprise activation password, you can set up email using this option by selecting 'I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server' in the setup wizard on your smartphone. If you do not have an enterprise activation password, contact your system administrator.

*Check with your service provider for availability of browser feature and email account support, roaming arrangements, coverage and service plans. Certain features outlined herein require a certain BlackBerry smartphone or a minimum version of BlackBerry� Desktop Software and/or BlackBerry� Device Software.
    Related Links
    View an interactive demo on BlackBerry Internet Service Email setup.
    now this is the steps striaght fron bb website
    08-18-08 07:35 PM
    Ok have you setup your phone using the wizard? If so go to the VZW blackberry mail site https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en and setup you email then send the service books. You may have to re-register the device on the network go to options advanced host routing table and find the bold one click the blackberry button and hit register now.....let us know
    08-18-08 07:36 PM
    thanks i'm trying both. i'll give you an update in a few.

thanks so much. :]!
    08-18-08 07:45 PM
    ok good luck and thats what were here for
    08-18-08 07:46 PM
    Hi and welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 07:46 PM
    when i do the email set up it ask if i have BES password. or whatever. :\
    08-18-08 07:49 PM
    BES is only if you are going to receive corporate e-mail for your work...
    08-18-08 07:51 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD