Good day:

I am new to his forum, but not to Blackberry. I have had 4 8830 World Editions and loved them...except for the charging port separating after 9-15 months. Great phone, and on Page Plus I was able to get almost everything working without BIS. I had to change to AT&T MVNO (Pure Talk) and had a Nokia E6 that would do everything....but let me talk. Reception was terrible, surprising for a Nokia. I tried a bunch of phones because my employer has a wonky web app that doesn't appear to work with anything at all. I was using a ZTE Altair II...GREAT phone for a plastic feature phone, but decided to try another BB and got a 9810. Good to have a BB again, but troubles with some features. However, I have Opera Mini and Logic mail, and all phone function and SMS work so I'm happy.

The ONLY thing that worked with the web app was my old Palm (See my avatar...FANTSTIC phone!) but after 12 years it finally gave up. Really wish I could get another with the old WebOS, but they are hard to find, especially for AT&T.

If anyone can show me where to go to get BB Browser working on a MVNO I would appreciate it. I tried a couple hacks found here but neither worked with BB7

Also looking for a good music equalizer for this phone. The built in one leaves something to be desired.

PS: Would LOVE a Classic!
    12-25-15 08:37 AM
    I don't think the BB browser will work unless you have a BIS.
    12-25-15 10:09 AM
    I don't think the BB browser will work unless you have a BIS.
    It will work if I use WiFi. There must be a way to get it to work through data. I can't remember if I did with my 8830 or not.

Actually, I really liked the Palms a lot, but you have to have VolumeCare to hear the callers. I think it was $20 but I was able to install it on 3 Palms.
    No such problem with the Berries! I have to run the volume DOWN most of the time!

Did I mention I'd really like a Classic? Verizon had them for $99 but it appears I owe them from the last time I had Verizon service and they couldn't (wouldn't?) waive it for the promotion.
    12-25-15 08:00 PM
    I had a Palm Treo 700p. I really liked that phone. But at the time versa mail was lacking compared to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 11:19 AM