Hello everyone. I recently purchased my first Blackberry, an 8330 curve. I absolutely love it! I can't put it down. Things are going great, except for a minor detail: I upgraded the device to OS 4.5.0.77. After the upgrade, I am unable to access certain sites on the browser that I could before. I don't know if there is a setting that I need to change or what, but I have been unable to figure it out. Looking for any advice........ Thanks!
    12-09-08 02:12 PM
    which sites? what errors are you seeing?

make sure your brower is configured properly:

Browser
    Menu
    Options
    Browser Configuration

Make sure all boxes are checked.

Show Images: WML& HTML
    Emulation Mode: BlackBerry.

Login into BIS and resend your service books:

BlackBerry Internet Service
    12-09-08 02:17 PM
    Welcome to CB. Could you describe your issue in more detail? What happens?
    12-09-08 02:17 PM
    welcome to crackberry!!
    12-09-08 02:36 PM
    I noticed it when I tried to access my banking website, mobile.huntington.com. My brother-in-law was able to access it from his blackberry curve 8330 with older os, no problems. When I try to go to the site, I don't get any error messages. I get a blank white screen that has index.aspx as the title at the top of the page.
    12-09-08 02:37 PM
    Welcome aboard!
    12-09-08 02:37 PM
    I noticed it when I tried to access my banking website, mobile.huntington.com. My brother-in-law was able to access it from his blackberry curve 8330 with older os, no problems. When I try to go to the site, I don't get any error messages. I get a blank white screen that has index.aspx as the title at the top of the page.
    do the above to make sure your browser is set up.

also clear your cache, pull the battery and try again.

see if that helps.
    12-09-08 02:38 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses. I have tried the above steps, and still no luck. I called huntingtons office, and they were no help. Any other suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 05:22 PM
    Enjoy the site and the new phone.
    12-09-08 05:24 PM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!
    Enjoy ur new Curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 05:25 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Don't be shy about asking questions, there's always a friendly addict around to assist you.

Enjoy the addiction ™
    12-09-08 05:27 PM
    Welcome to CB!! Im new here too and i already find myself addicted to this site!! and its friendly members!!
    12-09-08 05:32 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    12-09-08 05:32 PM
    Hello and welcome to CB.
    12-09-08 05:54 PM
    Welcome to the darkside young skywalker!
    12-09-08 06:08 PM
    Welcome to the CB addiction!
    12-09-08 06:15 PM

I have the same issue with Huntington after I updated to OS 4.5. I was able to access on OS 4.3. My buddy didn't upgrade his and he is able to access the site running 4.3. I spent 2.5 hrs on the phone with tech support doing hard resets etc. and they came to the conclusion that there was something wrong with the BB (Curve 8330) and are sending me a new one out. If it comes w/ OS 4.3, I won't be upgrading it.
    01-04-09 07:59 PM
    Got the new curve today with 4.5 OS preloaded on it from Verizon. Still cannot login to the mobile banking site. My rep wouldn't give up and contacted BlackBerry. With 4.5 you have to choose Options
    Browser Configuration
    Make sure Support javaScript and Allow javaScript options are checked
    Scroll down to Emulation Mode and change it to Microsoft IE.

I don't like the way the IE mode makes weatherbug radar screens appear on my screen. I switched the mode back to BlackBerry. Whenever I need to access the bank, I change the mode back to Microsoft IE. It has something to do with the encription settings. When they figure it out, they will post an updated on Verizon's site.
    01-05-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD