Hello everyone,

Glad to join this community, out of all the other blackberry forums I found this to be the most helpful and informative. Well I dont own a blackberry yet, and know that there are many out that are great as well as a few phones that are nearing thier release date(Tour and Storm 2 down the road). Cant wait to get a Blackberry and explore its potentials. Currently I have an iPhone and love the phone although different I am sure I will be happy with a Blackberry to. Deciding between the Tour and Storm 2. I guess time will tell.

One question, I understand that Blackberrys have their own messaging system and its free when messaging someone else on a blackberry(ie doesnt use your data plan). So my question is if I message someone via blackberry messaging and that person is in a different country do I get charged?

Sorry for the long post

Cheers
    Last edited by ForceFed; 06-23-09 at 12:56 AM.
    06-23-09 12:32 AM
    welcome..........
    enjoy your day
    06-23-09 01:42 AM
    Welcome to CB. Lots of good BB's coming soon, I personally am looking forward to playing with the Tour but think I will hold out for Storm 2. As to BBMessenger, you do need to be on a data plan, but it is entirely free. Also it is getting an update and face lift very soon.

Good luck with that very hard decision you will soon have to make, which BB to buy?
    06-23-09 01:57 AM
    thank for the replies.
    jgutie6634 so when u say BBmessenger is for free between BB users, is it free if the other person is in another country ie international.

thanks
    06-23-09 08:20 PM
    thank for the replies.
    jgutie6634 so when u say BBmessenger is for free between BB users, is it free if the other person is in another country ie international.

thanks
    To my knowledge, yes it is still free because it is running on RIM's servers not carriers. I have read about people being able to use while overseas with contacts back in the US. I have no International friends so I am not 100% but i do believe it would still work out, just like AIM or any other IM service. Hopefully someone can shed a bit more light on this or correct me if I am wrong.
    06-23-09 08:38 PM
    Hello there fellow Crackberry heads. My name is Avon. I just bought my 1st blackberry about 3 weeks ago. It's the most user fruendly PDA phone I've ever seen or had. I'm not sure where the 8320 curve falls in ratings of the whole line, but I'm glad I have it. And the price was unreal!! Thank God for Best Buy Mobile!!
    06-24-09 05:21 PM
    Yes BB to BB regardless of carrier or area, i've been checking my phone bill and there are no other charges than the ones i already know about...which is good! however i would still recheck your plan...Aloha from Hawaii
    06-25-09 09:50 AM
    you do not get charged international. welcome to your new life!
    06-25-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD