Hi! First time BB-user approaching. Got my new Curve 8310 yesterday, and the signs of addiction has already started to show!

Haven't got the full BIS yet, so I'm limited to sms and calls so far. A little trick got my EDGE-connection up and running through the browser, but it'll be great to have all the possibilities available!
    Not feeling "pro" enough to have a BB, but I'll just have to get a lot of penpals and BBM-contacts. LOL.

I'll shout out when all the questions starts popping up in my head

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 11:32 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry! Let us know if you have any questions or problems
    06-11-10 03:44 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 07:09 PM
    Hello!

I just settled down in Stavanger and got my new phone number from Telenor... I have a unlocked Curve 8520 which I bought in Singapore. I'm from Venezuela so I used to have my BB set up with Movistar (national carrier) and everything worked just fine.
    Now I have EDGE but still can't use BBMMS or any other app that needs data connection. I called Telenor and they said that with my subscription I should be able to use the data but they didn't really know anything about Blackberry so it wasn't really helpful.
    So, have you managed to use the phone fully? Is it possible? Because at the end, the best answer I've got is "buy another phone"

Thanks!
    08-28-10 09:49 AM
    You need a BlackBerry plan, which it sounds like they don't offer. It MAY be possible for you to get SOME apps to work with just a regular data plan, BUT BBM, the RIM internet browser and the push email will not work without a BB data plan. BUT you might be able to use Opera mini to browse the web, and you might be able to use streaming music apps like Pandora.
    08-29-10 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD