View Poll Results: Do you have GPS on blackberry

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 87.50%
  • No

2 12.50%
    Hey my friend got a curve for ATT. He does not want to pay for telenav. If he downloads garmin gps does that require a data plan? Does GPS require a dataplan.
    08-18-08 12:33 PM
    From what I understand all GPS applications use data

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 12:41 PM
    yes gps requires data. garmin will also charge you a monthly fee as well. google maps doesn't give you audible turn by turn directions but its very good and free.
    08-18-08 12:41 PM
    Yes, I would go with Google Maps. It's been great in my experience.
    08-18-08 03:06 PM
    Yes, data plan is required for gps.
    08-18-08 04:06 PM
    i didnt think you had to pay for telnav? i thought all you had to do was dl it and then use it with any 3rd party apps but call your carrier after you download it and cancel the subscription then you wouldnt be paying for it but would still have the capablities? maybe im wrong
    08-18-08 04:49 PM
    Hey my friend got a curve for ATT. He does not want to pay for telenav. If he downloads garmin gps does that require a data plan? Does GPS require a dataplan.
    If your internal GPS works with out paying a fee through your carrier. (On my phone. I just downloaded Telenav and then deleted it. Then my internal GPS worked) There's lots of free ones out there that work very well. For example, If you have BB maps, use that. It works very well I'm finding. Other ones that work good are Nav4All. This one free until 2010 then i guess there going to charge you. There's also GPSed, this one is more for tracking where you are than giving you turn by turn directions
    08-18-08 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD