Hello. I signed up at Verizon at the end of August after 4 years at Cellular South. I don't know if anyone knows of that provider because of it being a southern company. Not saying that no one here is from the South(Gulf Coast).

Before switching I did a lot of research on the phones that Verizon provided. I was in a hurry and picked up the LG enV Touch. I have to say I did not like that phone at all. I have used Nokia ever since I could use a cell phone. LG, I heard, made very nice phones. Dare was nice and the Samsung Omnia was ok, but I went back the next week to pick up a Blackberry. During the week before I picked it up I did a lot of research of the Storm. All I heard was the bad things before the software upgrade to 4.7. Despite the reviews people have now for the Storm, I like it. Reading the forums here for a week, I have done everything I can to free up memory and keep the battery levels lasting.

Sorry for that long introduction, still awake? I am happy to finally join this site. I have both apps for this site already installed. Pandora, Facebook, Ubertwitter(Which is, in my opinion, the best twitter client for the blackberry) I was thinking of using the Opera browser instead of the BB browser. I heard it was faster, consumes less battery power and renders images faster. Any opinions?

Does anyone have any other Apps, opinions, tips or tricks for me and with the Storm?

Again, I'm glad to be here and looking forward to the help you all can offer and vise versa.

Oh, How are you all doing today?
    09-07-09 12:32 AM
    Hello,
    Hope you enjoy your BB. I use Opera Mini in preferance to standard Browser and it works great for me. Faster and completely reliable. I also use Mippin with standard browser sometimes to browse fav sites and I like that also

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 12:50 AM
    Thank you for your input. I have found, just now that the Opera browser is better. Is there a way to change it to your default browser? I go into the options and I can not change it.

Thanks again.
    09-07-09 01:17 AM
    Thank you for your input. I have found, just now that the Opera browser is better. Is there a way to change it to your default browser? I go into the options and I can not change it.

Thanks again.
    No, it's considered a security issue. And Blackberries are considered to be super-secure devices.
    09-07-09 01:21 AM
    No, it's considered a security issue. And Blackberries are considered to be super-secure devices.
    Ok, awesome. Thank you.
    09-07-09 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD