I have done my searches and read a bit on the Gmail site. I'm just looking for confirmation from some of the more savy BB users.
    Here are my particulars:
    Sprint BIS
    2 of my email accounts get updated currently on my BB
    In an effort to keep my BB clean I try to erase the emails on a regular basis.
    The down side to this is I need to sit at my PC to fetch old mails.
    So my research on Gmail seems to solve my problem but I have not taken the plunge.

It looks like I can upload my .pst file to Gmail and can access the old stuff just like my MS Outook on my PC?

Is there a prefered way to do that pop or Imap?

I don't really want or need another email address. But I understand I will need to set one up to complete the loop.

Thanks for your help
    09-03-08 08:46 AM
    I will bump this and hopefully you get your answer.

09-04-08 02:19 AM
    Also I'm not sure if this would help as I am a bit confused at the request...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/gma...ble-fix-45681/
    09-04-08 02:20 AM
    I have done my searches and read a bit on the Gmail site. I'm just looking for confirmation from some of the more savy BB users.
    Here are my particulars:
    Sprint BIS
    2 of my email accounts get updated currently on my BB
    In an effort to keep my BB clean I try to erase the emails on a regular basis.
    The down side to this is I need to sit at my PC to fetch old mails.
    So my research on Gmail seems to solve my problem but I have not taken the plunge.

It looks like I can upload my .pst file to Gmail and can access the old stuff just like my MS Outook on my PC?

Is there a prefered way to do that pop or Imap?

I don't really want or need another email address. But I understand I will need to set one up to complete the loop.

Thanks for your help
    I had the identical issue. I knock of emails from my BB all the time; the Gmail app solves the problem of retrieving email from way back when.
    09-04-08 08:59 AM
    I think this member is asking if they can start a GMail account and import all of their old emails from outlook (or the likes) when starting their new account. This way, they have all of their past emails archived in GMail, searchable and on file.

I have not done this, but as far as I know... it is possible

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 09:03 AM
    I will give it a whirl. Looks like we will have a nice rainy weekend to unravel the mistery of Gmail.
    09-04-08 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD