I just got my first BlackBerry yesterday, and I'm already addicted. I've run across a slight problem, though. I'm receiving e-mail from my Gmail on my BB. Everything works great (for the most part) for incoming messages). But when I send a message, it automatically sends a copy of my sent message into my inbox. As you can imagine, it's very annoying.

I've done a little searching, and I found a solution on the BlackBerry official Web site. It recommends setting up a "from" filter that keeps all messages sent from my e-mail address from being sent to my BB. Setting up that filter does keep my sent messages from being sent to my inbox.

However (and here's the problem), if anyone replies to an e-mail I send, the reply doesn't show up in my BB inbox...it only shows up in my actual Gmail inbox.

Anybody have a clue what to do? It's driving me nuts!
    11-29-08 01:07 PM
    Welcome to CB. Please search around the forums first before posting a new topic. Most newb questions are very common and have already been answered numerous times on here.

To get you in the habit, I am not going to link you directly to the solution. You can find the answer in the BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ forum.
    11-29-08 02:20 PM
    Yeah, I already set up the filter before posting this message. My problem is that the filter stopped e-mails other than the "receipts." If I send an e-mail from my BB and someone replies, I don't get the reply e-mail on my BB anymore. I only get it on my computer. That's the question I need answered. I skimmed the other thread, and while there are a few somewhat related posts, I can't find anyone with an identical problem. (Maybe I just missed it.) That's why I posted here.
    11-29-08 03:15 PM
    Sounds like the filter isn't set up correctly. If it is set up correctly, it should only stop messages that are from [email protected], no to. Did you read naviwilliam's post?
    11-29-08 03:29 PM
    Just set up the your gmail to run on imap and not pop, then delete the original setup off your phone and set it up again on your bb with imap. You don't need any filter and both incoming/ outgoing work flawlessly upon setup. Here's some instructions for imap BlackBerry - Help Center
    11-29-08 04:45 PM
    @sunkast: I set up the filter exactly as he says. In fact, I did it multiple times. I'm pretty tech-savvy, so I'm thinking there's a bigger issue here. Either that or I'm just a moron.

@masterdnater: I'll give that a try. Thanks.
    11-29-08 07:37 PM
    Yeah probably a different issue. There is no way that filter would stop replies from being sent to your device.
    11-29-08 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD