Got a BB Curve w/ Verizon this weekend and am obsessed. I've spent hours reading about and fiddling with my BB, but...

I've read through the tutorials and the FAQs and the 101 stuff and I think I've just managed to confuse myself....

Anyway, here's my question:

Does BB Messenger work differently if you invite someone via e-mail as opposed to PIN? I ask because I thought that Messenger worked via PIN and not e-mail. So, if you invite someone via e-mail how does messenger work?

Finally, a related question, is there a difference between PIN messaging and BB messenger?
    10-27-08 06:21 PM
    To add someone via email, that email address needs to be added to their BB. It's best to add by PIN.
    10-27-08 06:23 PM
    Ok. I think I almost understand. You can't just add someone in BB Messenger via e-mail with any e-mail... It has to be one that's "added to their BB"...

Sorry, but what does "added to their BB mean"?

The one that's like .blackberry.net?

Is adding someone via e-mail to BB messenger just a roundabout way of adding them via PIN?

Do they both end up adding the person via PIN?
    10-27-08 06:30 PM
    Let's keep this simple. Only add someone by their PIN.
    10-27-08 06:48 PM
    Haha, yea adding by pin will keep you less confused. Do to that go to add contact/hightlight use once and hit the menu button/add pin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 06:54 PM
    Oh, I can use the technology just fine and like everything so far it works very well.

I'm just curious about the application in general and specifically about the mechanism by which the request works when you use the e-mail option...

Thanks for taking the time to respond...
    10-27-08 06:55 PM
    Oh, I can use the technology just fine and like everything so far it works very well.

I'm just curious about the application in general and specifically about the mechanism by which the request works when you use the e-mail option...

Thanks for taking the time to respond...
    That is correct. If it is an email added through the BIS site, you should be able to add them that way. So if they have an AOL account that isn't linked to the BB, then you won't be able to add them. You are within your rights to want to know more about your device and the different ways to do things. I find email to be easier for newer folks because it is a lot easier than finding a PIN because you should know your email address.
    10-28-08 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD