Hey

Been reading for a couple weeks and bit the bullet so to speak today. Just a post to make it official(Sort)... I got my first Blackberry today. I decided to give it a try as a few friends have them and they seem to be attached to their hand all the time. I went with the Free Curve from Best Buy... The odd part is that when I went in it took them some time to figure out why it kept saying I had a previous sprint account.... After finally figuring out it was from a nextel account when they first came to my area in 05, and I canceled with in five days because of lack of coverage, things got rolling. But here is where the sorta came in. As they were porting the number with the rep on the phone from getting the account issue resolved , the sprint rep said it was taking longer than usual.... The best buy rep had said I might be able to do a temp no. and asked about it... The sprint rep then told him that as it was in process that if I elected to do that, stopping the port would cause my number to be lost....So after waiting another 30 mins the store had closed and my option was to wait til tomorrow to activate after port complete, or lose my number of 8 yrs. So I elected to wait... Buts the anticipation to play with it is killing me...... Anyway looking forward to contributing and learning.

Cheers
    12-10-08 11:29 PM
    W E L C O M E I T O I C R A C K B E R R Y

Sorry about the wait. That sucks having the phone but not being able to fully use it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 11:35 PM
    Welcome aboard!

12-10-08 11:37 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    12-10-08 11:39 PM
    Curve is a great device. You will love it. And welcome to Crackberry.com!
    12-10-08 11:42 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Feel free to post any questions you have. We have addicts available to answer most questions about crackberrys.

Enjoy the addiction™
    12-10-08 11:44 PM
    welcome to crackberry!!
    12-10-08 11:53 PM
    welcome to cb and I agree with Garz the curve is a sweet device
    12-11-08 12:13 AM
    It will be worth the wait.

12-11-08 12:18 AM
    Welcome home!

12-11-08 12:57 AM
    Welcome to the party.
    12-11-08 01:18 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcomes all... I finnally got everything going today... and cant put it down!
    12-11-08 06:11 PM
    It will be quite some time before you do! :-D

12-11-08 06:35 PM
    Hey

Been reading for a couple weeks and bit the bullet so to speak today. Just a post to make it official(Sort)... I got my first Blackberry today. I decided to give it a try as a few friends have them and they seem to be attached to their hand all the time. I went with the Free Curve from Best Buy... The odd part is that when I went in it took them some time to figure out why it kept saying I had a previous sprint account.... After finally figuring out it was from a nextel account when they first came to my area in 05, and I canceled with in five days because of lack of coverage, things got rolling. But here is where the sorta came in. As they were porting the number with the rep on the phone from getting the account issue resolved , the sprint rep said it was taking longer than usual.... The best buy rep had said I might be able to do a temp no. and asked about it... The sprint rep then told him that as it was in process that if I elected to do that, stopping the port would cause my number to be lost....So after waiting another 30 mins the store had closed and my option was to wait til tomorrow to activate after port complete, or lose my number of 8 yrs. So I elected to wait... Buts the anticipation to play with it is killing me...... Anyway looking forward to contributing and learning.

Cheers
    Welcome to Crackistan!

12-12-08 03:24 AM
    welcome to crack
    12-12-08 03:35 AM
    been loving my Curve since May now, welcome to the crack!
    12-12-08 04:11 AM
    Welcome to CB

12-12-08 07:27 AM
    Being using crackberry......I mean blackberry(haha) since september 2008. I love my curve 8330!!!

12-12-08 07:42 AM
    Welcome

Stick with us... Go to wap.crackberry.com (from your phone) and install your CB Launcher.

12-12-08 11:26 AM
    newbie newbie, and loving the blackberry 8330, I am not and never have been one to like gadgets but this is insane I AM HOOKED hahaha, crackberry couldn't have been a better name. Can anyone tell me how to put my ringtones to people in my phone book? I have learned through these forums how to download the ringtones but now I have to figure out how to add the ringtones to people so I can identify by ringtone who is calling. THANKS from havenoidea

12-12-08 11:55 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

12-12-08 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD