Hi everyone,

First off, I would like to thank everyone on this website for your contribution. Without this site I know I would have had an unpleasant experiencing with BB's. This is my first post although I do visit this website everyday. I just finally got around to making a post. Anyway...

I'm a new school BB user. Only have been using BB's for about a year. My first BB was the pearl 8130 which I got in March 2008. Then in August 2008 I got a new job and received a Curve 8310 which made me want to upgrade my pearl for a larger screen. So I have had my storm now for approximately a month and I have to say I enjoy it a lot!

I am one of the lucky ones and have only been through one (although I've only had it a month) and still running .75! Although sometimes when I am text messaging I do get a random restart. This maybe happens 2-3 times per week. But I am holding out for a OS update as I'm really happy with the screen, click and build quality of my storm. So hopefully that update is coming soon!

For those interested - my current routine is making sure I close out every app when I am finished and I perform a QuickPull every morning at 5am as suggested in another thread. I also only have 8 icons shown and everything else is neatly filed into folders. And with that I generally don't ever freeze up or have to do a battery pull and I am usually on my storm 3-5 hours per day while at work.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to contribute as much as others here with things I learn along the way. I'm in IT support so I don't mind helping out where I can.

-Jeff
    03-06-09 03:52 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! Check out this link for great info for newbies if you haven't yet.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series
    03-06-09 03:53 PM
    Great link. Thank you mwdb4au
    03-06-09 04:24 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    03-06-09 04:25 PM
    Welcome. Enjoy the site and the storm.
    03-06-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD