Hi Everyone,

I expect to be joining the crackberry world when I adopt a new Storm tomorrow. I have a question, however, about email.

I use Gmail for email, and I understand that I can have that email pushed to the Storm or any other BB for that matter. I think I correctly understand that the email will also still be visible online at my gmail account. Right? If I view an email on my BB and perhaps even reply to it I assume also that the fact that I have viewed it and replied to it will be visible if I log into my gmail account from my home computer. Assuming all the above is correct then here is my real question.

I get at least 100 emails a day. A lot of them are crap that I do not read right away or sometimes not at all. However because Gmail has unlimited space and great abilities for searching, I keep EVERYTHING. I have at least 20,000 unread emails and many more that have been read. So if I start having my emails (and I assume it will not push all the old emails to the bb) on my bb, I am thinking that I MUST delete some daily or the memory of the bb will be exceeded eventually? And if I do delete them on the BB is there a way I can keep them on my online gmail account?

For me my Gmail has become MY memory. I keep all kinds of stuff there and when I cant remember something a few clicks brings it up. You may say I am crazy for keeping eveything but honestly it has saved me more than once.

So, any input would be appreciated.
    11-20-08 02:33 PM
    Yeah it will push all new emails to your BB. But, if you can direct the "not so important" ones to a different folder or junk mail, they might not come to your BB. I was trying to receive email from my GF and never got them. Come to find out they were getting sent to junk mail. After I saved her info in my yahoo address book they all started coming to my BB. Hope that helps. Welcome to CB and good luck!
    11-20-08 02:36 PM
    Thanks!

Am I correct that you must delete emails from your BB because of space? Am I also correct that this deletes them from (your yahoo) my Gmail account? Is there a way to avoid this?
    11-20-08 02:40 PM
    Yes, they will take up your memory. But there is an option to only delete them on your BB and not on your computer.
    11-20-08 02:42 PM
    Okay, great. So for me then, I just want to set up some filtering so the less important crap does not get to the BB.
    11-20-08 02:46 PM
    Yeah, but I'm not 100% sure it will work. Good luck.
    11-20-08 02:49 PM
    Hey jb-sb,

Yes, come join us in CB world with a new Storm - we always welcome new members!
    11-21-08 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD