I am sure this question is answered somewhere in the forums, but I am not sure if I am wording my searches correctly to find the right answer.

I am trying to find out if there are specific times of the day to allow my phone to received emails from my work address. Yesterday when I left work I had over 100 messages and they were all ones I had already read throughout the day. I am really only interested in receiving new messages out of working hours. It would be nice, however, to be able to access the messages from the day, but not necessarily have them come through as new.

Hopefully this makes sense. On my previous phone (The Q) I was able to set up specific time frames to receive messages and I really liked that feature.

Thank you!
    11-18-08 09:24 AM
    Hi Stefanie,

I have the same phone as you, and AFAIK, there is no way to do what you're trying to do.

If you do find out otherwise, I'd appreciate you re-posting to this thread so we can all learn!

But, for the quick answer - I don't think you can do this (although there are several smarter BB people than me). :-)

BTW, welcome to CB!
    11-18-08 08:39 PM
    I dont think what you want can be done but I may be wrong. Welcome to CB.
    11-18-08 10:52 PM
    Welcome to CB!

I've looked through all of my settings. There isn't an option to set the email for activity during a certain time of the day. It may be in there, but I can't find it.

Enjoy the addiction
    11-18-08 10:55 PM
    Nope natively there is nothing on your BB to do this. Welcome to CB by the way!
    11-19-08 03:06 AM
    I found this to, I find myself doing the intial read on my bb and then either leaving to read on my laptop later or deleting it.

Would be a very handy feature, would be even better if when using a bis account you could delete on your desktop and delete on you bb, it works the other way round but bot that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 04:34 AM
    You actually cant do this on the Blackberry if you are on the BIS service. The reason why you could have done this on the Moto Q was because that phone lacked true push email (I had it as well--that used to retrieve messsages every 15 minutes I think). If you have a corporate intranet account (BES) then your blackberry is automatically synced with your Outlook.

What I usually do is the following when I am leaving work:
    1) Go to messages folder
    2) Press "T" (brings you to the top of the folder)
    3) Press the Blackberry Button -->Mark prior Opened --> Mark Open

What this does is mark all the messages on your blackberry as "read". You now have marked all messages as "Read" and they are stored on your phone for viewing later.

I hope that helps! I am also a new BB user
    11-19-08 04:43 AM
    Thank you everyone!
    11-19-08 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD