Hello everyone,
    My name is Rah. I'm new to the forum and have had the BB Curve for like 10 days now. I have set up the email and everything, but when I get an email, it goes into the text message inbox and the emial inbox. Is this normal and how can I stop this from happening?
    04-18-08 08:50 PM
    Go into the messages inbox, hit menu, then options, then general options and under sms and email boxes, select seperate...welcome to cb.
    04-18-08 08:54 PM
    Go into the messages inbox, hit menu, then options, then general options and under sms and email boxes, select seperate...welcome to cb.
    That didnt work.
    04-18-08 09:01 PM
    It didn't work because you are expecting it to do something that it doesn't do. This is normal. It's a message inbox. Meaning any message, email, text, messenger, whatever, falls into that folder. Selecting to separate email and text inboxes will create an inbox for text messages and email inboxes. They will still go to messages folders though because that what the folder is for.
    04-18-08 09:17 PM
    Is there a way for me to have everything go into seperate folders? Like even if I have to create one.
    04-18-08 09:37 PM
    I don't think you understand what I said. You can have a separate folder/inbox for email and for text messages.

Selecting to separate email and text inboxes will create an inbox for text messages and email inboxes.
    04-18-08 09:47 PM
    Well, how do I do that?
    04-18-08 10:13 PM
    You don't follow things very well do you? The first reply in this post had you do that already. But you said that didn't work. Which is why I said what I did in my first reply.

Let me make this as clear as I can. Changing the option to separate email and sms inboxes to separate will create a separate inbox/folder for text messages.
    04-18-08 10:32 PM
    Nevermind. I got it. Thanks GoDJ and sunkast!
    04-18-08 10:32 PM
    Just hide the "message" icon and u want see that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blackberry9999; 04-18-08 at 10:59 PM.
    04-18-08 10:56 PM
    You don't follow things very well do you? The first reply in this post had you do that already. But you said that didn't work. Which is why I said what I did in my first reply.

Let me make this as clear as I can. Changing the option to separate email and sms inboxes to separate will create a separate inbox/folder for text messages.
    Obviously you weren't very clear in your post! I'm new to BB and don't really know anything yet! I asked for help, not for smart comments like the one you just gave. I can follow directions very well but when they are unclear to me, I can't!

But like I've already said, I figured it out!
    04-18-08 11:52 PM
    Welcome 2 CB Rah...

Once you separate the boxes, you will not longer receive text messages in that 'messages' folder. You will still get all your emails in that box. For example, if you have gmail, yahoo and aol all setup, they will all go into their respective boxes as well as the 'messages' inbox.
    04-19-08 11:59 AM
    Welcome 2 CB Rah...

Once you separate the boxes, you will not longer receive text messages in that 'messages' folder. You will still get all your emails in that box. For example, if you have gmail, yahoo and aol all setup, they will all go into their respective boxes as well as the 'messages' inbox.
    Thank you!

-R@h
    04-22-08 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD