A mail message I received yesterday no longer displays the "read" envelope icon, rather a large red X. This X appears on the copy in my saved folder, as well. When I forwarded the mail, instead of the expected blue checkmark icon next to the sent copy: another red X.

What does this X mean, why did it appear, and how can I fix it? I did a forum search and consulted the help files to no avail.

TIA!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 10:57 PM
    A mail message I received yesterday no longer displays the "read" envelope icon, rather a large red X. This X appears on the copy in my saved folder, as well. When I forwarded the mail, instead of the expected blue checkmark icon next to the sent copy: another red X.

What does this X mean, why did it appear, and how can I fix it? I did a forum search and consulted the help files to no avail.

TIA!

Hi, recently I have received that red x also.when I went back to my original e-mail I noticed that I had mistakenly added text to a to send field.so I cleared it and hit send again and it went thru with no red x error.hope this helps

12-14-08 01:06 AM
    Well, I just noticed when I scroll to the headers the message status says: "Couldn't send more message" and at the bottom of the message in blue it says there's one byte more in the message--but the message looks complete. Odd. It refuses to let me forward it from the Berry. I just forwarded it to myself from my PC copy and deleted the messed-up one, not worth stressing over.

12-14-08 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD