why is it when i get an email, i also get a message that is a duplicate of the email? kinda stupid if you ask me. is there anyway to turn this off? also while on the subject of messages, is there anyway to clear the entire batch/folder at once without having to scroll through each message individually and deleting one at a time? huge pia and takes a lot of time.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!
    09-17-08 05:36 PM
    To delete the entire folder: Open the folder, highlight the date at the top (don't click), hit menu button, scroll to delete prior and click...

If you are talking about getting a message in the message folder, and it also showing in the individual email folder, that is by design. There is a Message folder that shows all messages (text, email, missed call, voice mail) and then you have email folders for each non BES email account (personal accounts). If you want to view all your folders in one folder, you can hide the others for each email. Or vice versa, view individual email folders and hide the messages folder (if you hide the messages folder, make sure you have it set for seperating SMS/MMS messages or you won't be able to find them)
    09-17-08 05:51 PM
    Thank you very much!!!!

Sorry, on edit: How do I hide the folders? I would like to be able to delete my 'messages' folder and email folders separately. Maybe I should instead save any emails I want to keep, then delete, I suppose that would serve the same purpose.
    Last edited by flynlow; 09-17-08 at 06:46 PM.
    09-17-08 06:33 PM
    No problem
    09-17-08 06:36 PM
    To delete the entire folder: Open the folder, highlight the date at the top (don't click), hit menu button, scroll to delete prior and click...

If you are talking about getting a message in the message folder, and it also showing in the individual email folder, that is by design. There is a Message folder that shows all messages (text, email, missed call, voice mail) and then you have email folders for each non BES email account (personal accounts). If you want to view all your folders in one folder, you can hide the others for each email. Or vice versa, view individual email folders and hide the messages folder (if you hide the messages folder, make sure you have it set for seperating SMS/MMS messages or you won't be able to find them)
    Is there a way to get my BES email account to have its own icon? I like separating my email accounts because I use them for different things, but the only place I see my BES account is in the "All Messages Folder."

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by humphries72; 10-14-08 at 12:42 PM.
    10-14-08 12:34 PM
    this if for the duplicate emails
    solutions on here work perfectly

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    10-14-08 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD