I am almost ready to purchase my first blackberry - a curve. I really know nothing about blackberries. I probably really don't need one but I spend a lot of time sitting in an arena during the winter while my daughter skates and I thought the blackberry would come in handy. I also would use it as a cell phone (obviously). I am totally clueless when it comes to technology so am I crazy for thinking about getting a curve? My daughter is far more savvy when it comes to techy stuff so I figure I can rely on her.
    Please be honest and tell me if you I will be able to use this thing without becoming totally frustrated.
    Thanks
    09-05-08 05:45 PM
    Hi! I don't think you will go wrong in getting a BB Curve. This is my 1st one & I,ve found it to be invaluable! The folks on here are very helpful, plus there are numerous 'how to's' & helpful hints. Please take the time to browse the site, it will help you get an idea of what is offered, plus the reviews are very informative.
    Have fun!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 06:04 PM
    Great time killer. I am sitting in a resaurant right now waiting on my food.

09-05-08 06:20 PM
    I don't think you could go wrong either with a curve. I'm the mother of 2 and a full time student I must say it is very handy and keep all of us on schedule. I love my Curve so much I had to have 2 them. There not all that hard to use my mom is using my old curve and she loves it.

09-05-08 06:23 PM
    I think Curves are pretty easy to learn to use, just by playing with them. Whatever you can't figure out you can come here and learn about. This has been a very helpful resource to me when I've been stuck on something with my Berry. I say get one! You'll love it once you get the hang of it. :-)
    09-05-08 07:03 PM
    You don't have to need one, you just have to want one. That is a good enough answer for me...
    09-05-08 07:08 PM
    You don't have to need one, you just have to want one. That is a good enough answer for me...
    You took the words right out of my mouth !
    09-05-08 07:09 PM
    similar situation here. Just got mine last month. Other than a phone, it's my toy.. Lots of web browsing, look up weather, gps, memo-pad, email with attachments (read pictures)... just lots of playing, and only 30 bucks a month more for the data plan than my 'regular' phone.

Like I said, great toy, not used at all for any business applications.

My latest discovery, it's even a portable radio with moodio.fm streaming if you have the extra $3 per month, you will NOT regret it.
    09-05-08 07:14 PM
    Briar, 1st - Welcome to CrackBerry!!

From reading your post, I would advice you to stop doing what you're doing. If you keep that up, you'll intimidate yourself enough that you wont even want one.

Its a phone. You can make calls, surf the net & play games. At the end of the day, its not such a complex device that you wont be able to figure out. At ANY time you run into a problem, this forum is FULL of members that can help you out. There's no need to have an oxygen take on standby.

When you get it & set it up, do some of the basic stuff first. Familiarize yourself with its size, shape & apps. Make those phone calls. When you're ready to get into that "techy" stuff....see us....dont give it to your daughter. How's she supposed to skate & sort your issues out at the same time?
    09-05-08 07:15 PM
    The Curve is a great device, you will Love it!!

09-05-08 08:34 PM
    I will agree 100% with the above comments that this site is amazing and will help you through.(They don't call it crackberry.com for nothing haha) My first and only is a curve and I fell in love with it right away. Took a bit to get used to the key board but now I'm a wiz at it. Just do it! You know you want to! And make sure you keep us posted on your progress!

09-06-08 12:43 AM
    Welcome, and I say YES, you need one I have one for work, and used to think that one was "cool" (8700)...but since I got the curve for my personal use, I am in love! I am satisfied with this phone, the many things you can do with it, and the functionality. I think you can't go wrong.
    09-06-08 01:37 AM
    only had my curve for about 2 weeks.hands down the best phone/device i have ever owned
    09-06-08 12:48 PM
    Go for it. I'm on my curve right now killing time at a mall waiting for someone.

09-06-08 12:55 PM
    The learning curve is actually not that bad. My girlfriend is not a huge fan of complicated gadgets. It only took me a day to get her familiar with her Curve. Now she can't put the thing down! So it's not as tough as you think.
    I also just ordered my Curve too! Woo! So I'm anxiously awaiting the mail guy to show up on Tuesday.

09-06-08 01:20 PM
    I just got my first BB (curve 3880) about 2 weeks ago and just love it! Go get one NOW, you won't regret it.
    09-06-08 02:12 PM
    I have decided to call and order my Blackberry Curve on Monday!!!! Thank you for all the positive feedback. I am sure I will be able to figure it all out and if I get stuck I can just ask my questions here. I am so glad I found this site. Skating season has started and I just about go nuts sitting at the arena, now I will have something to do while I wait!
    I love red, I drive a red vehicle so I'm going with a red Blackberry!
    09-06-08 08:26 PM
    I say do it! I just got my gorgeous pink curve yesterday and couldn't be happier with my first smart phone! I'm on it right now.
    09-06-08 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD