I am soon to be new to BlackBerry, having run an old Treo700w for a while and then onto the LG Voyager (which is probably the WORST phone every created). I hate the touchscreen, so the Storm makes me a little nervous, and I've never used a trackball, which also scares me a bit. Any idea which would work best on Verizon's network or anyplace I can review really the differences? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    11-24-08 02:10 PM
    Why not get down to your local store and get some hands on experience. You could read any amount of reviews but you've got to go with the one you feel suits your needs the best.

Either way I'm sure you are going to love being part of the Blackberry family

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 02:16 PM
    You will see a lot of negative talk about the Storm but you will also see more positive talk. Search the forums and you will find a lot of this information.

I myself have the Verizon Curve 8330 and love it. It does so much. I'm not a big fan of touch screen. To each their own.
    11-24-08 02:17 PM
    The Curve is a proven platform... but the Storm is the latest and greatest, plus it's my understanding that they can push the latest patches... if I was on Verizon right now I would get the Storm, but that is me.
    11-24-08 02:19 PM
    The track ball is much less finicky than the touch screen right now. I'm sure the storm will turn out to be a great phone eventually, but right now it's suffering from some issues that will probably be resolved in the next few shipments or so once they start upgrading the OS to fix problems and taking care of the issues with screens that won't click in the corners and such.

I'd go with the curve right now.
    11-24-08 03:17 PM
    I have a Voyager (personal phone) on Verizon and a Curve on ATT (work phone) and I really like both of them.
    As stated the best thing to do is go to the store and play with it first hand. I went and checked out the Storm saturday and I did not like it. Just my opinion.
    11-24-08 03:24 PM
    11-24-08 04:36 PM
    If you do a lot of texting then the curve would be a great choice. I upgraded to the curve 8330 from the pearl and I love the full keyboard. Go with the curve!!!

11-24-08 04:52 PM
    The Curve 8330 is a solid phone in form, function and features. Everyone that has it, loves it (search the forums to see!)... it is a solid phone that everyone says is a must-have!

BTW, welcome to CB!!!
    11-24-08 10:54 PM
    welcome to crack and the curve is simply the best
    11-25-08 12:53 AM
    Great, thanks everybody for the warm welcome! I'm really looking forward to being addicted like everybody else! I'll have to stop by and play with both to really see what I can feel most comfortable with. I'll keep you all updated!
    11-25-08 10:10 AM
    I've always been a fan of buttons that can be pressed. Plus my fingers hate touch screens. I always thought people bought BBs for thei keyboard anyways.

11-25-08 11:30 AM
    maybe have a look at the Bold as well. Everything the Curve has and more with a better display.
    11-27-08 11:12 AM
    I have had my Storm for two days now and am really getting use to the touch screen. Before I went to Blackberry all I would use was just standard flip phones but now I would never use any thing other than Blackberry devices. I would suggest going into a store and playing around with the different smartphones. Try the Pearl if you want something a little smaller. Either way welcome to the Blackberry family!
    11-27-08 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD