I'm fairly new to this, so please be patient. When I get email attachments, there is no option to open the attachment. After searching the forum I made sure that the Attachment Service is installed, did a battery pull, deleted and re-installed the Service book. None solved the problem. Then I went to Application loader on my Desktop Manager, connected the BB and it keeps saying that the device is not connected when it is. Now I'm totally frustrated.
    Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
    10-11-08 01:32 PM
    What type of attachment?
    10-11-08 01:38 PM
    .jpg and .pdf so far
    10-12-08 08:06 PM
    What happens if you click on the attachment?
    10-12-08 08:14 PM
    Nothing. When I click on menu there is no option to open attachment.
    10-12-08 10:22 PM
    Do you have the OS for your BB installed on your computer? If you do run Desktop Manager, and then app loader...Check again that the attachment service is installed.
    10-12-08 10:26 PM
    Desktop Manager is updated to 4.5, yet phone won't update. I think it's a Sprint problem. On applications on the desktop the only options are Sprint Music Store, Pocket Express, Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation. Nothing about opening attachments? This is frustrating.
    10-13-08 01:03 PM
    Did you ever find a satisfactory answer to this problem? I never have and after 6 months of trying I still cannot open any kind of attachment to an email. I think these blackberries are over rated and too complicated to justify the added expense.
    12-08-08 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD