Hello all! Let me start by saying that I love this site so far.

I am a college student who previously thought Android was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I owned a G1, and then a Motorola Cliq, which by the way is a horrible phone! The battery life was horrendous, the touch screen was inconsistent and notchy, I would have to restart the phone up to four times daily due to slow downs. To make things short, the cliq took quite the tumble from my lap while leaving my vehicle, so I was phoneless. I did not want to go back to the G1, so my brother who had recently upgraded his 8900 to a 9700 told me "here try my 8900",by far the best decision I have made about a mobile device. Everything just works... right. After 2 weeks with the 8900, I made the decision to get myself the 9700, since I did miss 3G. So here I am awaiting my new device, and awaiting os 6.
    05-09-10 11:29 PM
    i think you made a wise decision that is a fantastic phone!! and welcome to crackberry! you now have unlimited access to a wealth of knowledge!!! use it and abuse it!! just follow the rules lol
    05-09-10 11:32 PM
    A lot of people love BlackBerry. I preached BlackBerry since the day i got, but inconsistency in email delivery and RIM outages couldn't make up for the lack of emails i was getting.

Glad your enjoying it.
    05-09-10 11:55 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and BlackBerry.

Like you I fell in love with my 9000 within a few days. Took me a little to get used to the quirks, but once all settled I am dedicated. Looking at other devices is fun but BB rules.
    05-10-10 07:04 AM
    Welcome .. it's a great site filled with some Great People

Good Luck and Enjoy
    05-10-10 07:53 AM
    ups brought my 9700 today! love the "new device" feeling.
    05-10-10 12:30 PM
    I'm excited for you!
    05-10-10 12:47 PM
    Trust me I know the feeling ... I had plenty of smart phone (before I became a bb addict I was a phone addict) haha blackberry has to be the best device I have ever had and I don't think I will ever switch ... Welcome and enjoy your new phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 09:49 PM
    Thanks everyone! I am loving the 9700 it has lasted me the whole day and the battery is currently at about 30%... amazing
    05-12-10 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD