Hey everyone!

First time user with a bb, and just got the 8320 in! I absolutely love it, and thanks to this site, I have tons of ringtones and wallpapers!

Just one question:

I can't seem to get any notifications (vibrate or sound clip alert) for incoming messages (SMS, email, etc.) I tried profiles > advanced > edit, and when I trackball the SMS, nothing happens. However, when I trackball "phone" I get a whole list of options (I uploaded the ringtones into the bb "ringtone folder"). Am I missing something? Do I need to download message alerts for SMS? Maybe into the "music" folder? And if I do, any idea where I can?

Thanks everyone, and glad to be part of such a great community!!!
    09-07-08 01:34 PM
    Have you received any emails or SMS messages? Sounds like it might be turned on yet.
    09-07-08 01:39 PM
    Yes, I have definitely gotten some SMSs already, but the device remains silent. only by checking my bb pretty much every minute or so do I even catch the new message.

I had this problem with calls, but after uploading ringtones, all was solved. any idea where to grab some message alerts?
    09-07-08 01:41 PM
    welcome to CB!!! I'm not sure how to fix your problem. I know that at the least, the preloaded SMS tones should show up as options. Wish I could be more helpful!!!
    09-07-08 01:42 PM
    have you tried to pull the batt

and welcome to cb
    09-07-08 02:28 PM
    just tried the battery pull to no avail.

driving me crazy!!
    09-07-08 03:46 PM
    Sounds like the same problems I had swapping out a BB Curve. Try the suggestion from Chaz the moderator below.

Log into the BIS site again, look on the left side of the screen for the Service Books link, then select Send Service Books. That should take care of it.
    09-08-08 09:09 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!

~JEF~
    09-09-08 09:02 AM
    I'd definitely try chaz/gino's selection.

Aside from that, hello and welcome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 09:09 AM
    welcome to crackberry.com
    09-09-08 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD