I have a blackberry 8310 with AT&T as my carrier.
    I had it all set up with traffic cams and news feeds. However, I downloaded my corporate profile in order to get my outlook email and calendar on the device. The software also created a locked browser that requires my company Intranet username and password. Now, n one of these cool features work and I can't figure out how to add them to a list of trusted sites or bypass the firewall.
    I really need a good blackberry hack to help me out here as I need to get my corporate infor on the device but I also want RSS feeds, taffic cams, music and all the other dandys this device offers.
    Thanks
    08-20-08 12:39 PM
    I am sure that you are not looking for a lecture but it ccould get you fired for messing with the IT policy. I think you could talk to your IT dept and maybe they will push out a blank IT policy that will allow you to do these things. If not you can delete certain service books and that will let you get what you need. Only problem is that the IT policy will push the service book back out and your in the same boat.
    08-20-08 12:51 PM
    Good advise. If your IT guys have prohibited third party software, there is a good reason for it.

Have you considered a personal use device?
    08-20-08 01:58 PM
    If this is your personal device and you're paying for your data plan, your IT department should not be allowed to implement IT polcies. IF you handle volitile information than this may be why. But they would have (should have informed you of this). If it's their device and their paying for it, you're at their mercy. Sorry
    08-20-08 02:48 PM
    Am I missing something here. From the sound of it this is the OP's
    phone and he / she elected to put it on the BES.

If that is correct, is it not possible to set up an IT policy
    that will allow the mail but not disable everything else. Again
    it sounds like the OP is paying the bill and should be able to
    use the device as they wish.
    08-20-08 02:49 PM
    Not a good idea to try to hack around the IT policy put in place by the company that pays your check! Talk to IT and see if they are willing to work with ya...
    08-21-08 03:27 AM
    I have the same problem. I pay for the device and service...I am giving MORE free time to my company by being willing to access my email and calendar while on the road for them. How can I open the broswer again!!!!
    12-21-08 04:44 PM
    This can be fixed IF and only IF you remove your phone from the corporate network and the IT guys completely remove their IT POlicy asa part of the removal process. There is no other way to free up your phone but to remove it from your corporate network.

If they leave the IT Policy on the phone it can be removed but it can be a painful process of you are not running OS 4.5 (go to Options, About and its the 3rd line down.).
    12-21-08 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD