I am in the process of creating a website that will be accessed by Blackberrys and other mobile devices. My expectation is that the BB will be the most common device.

I want to make sure that everything on the site works as advertised for BB users. My problem is that I don't have a BB to do the testing.

Now, I know that I can get one with a plan for data access but, once I'm done with it, I won't need it anymore. It would be overkill for my purposes.

Is there a way to purchase a BB without any sort of a plan and connect to my own network to access this website? For example, is it possible to connect with wi-fi to my router and then use the browser to go to the local IP address ... or is there a cable (USB?) that will allow me to connect directly to my web server and access the site that way?

I'm fully prepared to buy the BB, but I can't justify a data plan when, quite literally, the data will only be travelling about 6' within my office.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    09-17-08 08:06 PM
    Does anybody know the answer to my earlier question or have any suggestions to offer?

I know that there is BB emulator software available, but that does not really help me simulate the "real world" situation. It's just a small browser on a big screen.

Any ideas (even crazy ones ) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
    09-19-08 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD