Hi!

I just purchased a BB Curve 8330 and am totally confused about web access. Will I or will I not be able to surf the web on my BB like I do at home?? Will I have limited access?? I have Sprint and currently have unlimited internet etc so that's not a problem. Is it a super slow connection??

I haven't activated the phone yet because I'd like to find out this info first.

Thanks for any insight!!!

Brooke
    10-03-08 08:35 AM
    You will need a full data plan for your Blackberry, not just Sprint's unlimited internet. And yes, you will be able to surf the web with your device, however it will mostly be wap (mobile) sites. The connection isn't slow depending on your signal strength.
    10-03-08 08:46 AM
    I have the unlimited data plan so that's no problem. Still unsure about the internet situation though. My Instinct seems to have regular internet. Not sure if I want to give that up but the BB seems awesome.
    10-03-08 08:51 AM
    That is up to you. Until you have tried the native Blackberry browser, it would be difficult to make a decision, don't you think?
    10-03-08 08:52 AM
    You're probably right but was just hoping for a little more feedback from current BB users.
    10-03-08 03:11 PM
    What more did you want???
    10-03-08 03:35 PM
    What more did you want???
    A cookie...OK!?!?!? And maybe some MILK!?!?!? Is that to much to ask for

Hahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 03:47 PM
    A cookie...OK!?!?!? And maybe some MILK!?!?!? Is that to much to ask for

Hahaha

Look. Just cause I know you outside of CB.........
    10-03-08 03:52 PM
    If you don't want to activate yours, find a Sprint store that has live phones available and play with it for a bit to see if you'll like it or not.

I use my BB 8330 to surf various forums including some that aren't WAP. It seems quick enough to me.

The best bet though is to play with one (yours or one at a store, etc) on websites you normally use and decide for yourself if its for you or not.

10-03-08 10:34 PM
    I don't think you'll get T-1 speed, but I don't think it's too bad. I put a google link on my desktop and I don't see any difference in speed when doing a search. Some pages take a while to open and some open right up. It's not a pc or a Mac, but it's the next best thing for browsing.

10-03-08 10:50 PM
    jenaywins- I have no idea why some of the people here on this site have to be so ridiculously condescending and holier than thou. I was simply asking for more than ONE person's opinion...since when did that become a crime?? I had not been on this site all day......I checked it a few times to see if anyone had responded but I have better things to do with my life and time which obviously some of you guys do not. Apparently it's how you get yourself to feel better about yourself. I suggest you not be such a bi*** to new people simply looking for a little input about a different/new phone. Since when did that become such a crime?? Another suggestion....get a life outside of a forum for phones!!
    10-05-08 10:05 AM
    You can do everything you want. The Browser is great, and with your plan, you are all set!
    10-05-08 10:09 AM
    Also, Sprint has a 30 day policy anyways. If you don't like it, take it back.
    10-05-08 10:14 AM
    i browse the internet a lot on my blackberry! Most of the sites i visit are WAP (mobile web) sites. But there are a ton of them! i do my banking and bill pay on my phone, shop amazon, order pizza, google stuff, twitter (social), netflix, ebay, obopay, search for hotels and restaurants, read reviews, news, weather.

Some sites don't have a mobile version and i find that the native blackberry browser doesn't handle them as well. Same with graphic intense sites. In those cases i use the Opera Mini browser and it handles it great!

i have VZW and find web browsing super fast! Sometimes faster than my pc at work.

This page gives a list of some mobile (WAP) sites:

Mobile Websites - Cantoni.mobi

Last edited by chrisy520; 10-05-08 at 10:25 AM.
    10-05-08 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD