Ok, I decided that about 1/2 of the preloaded pics and about 1/2 of the preloaded ring tones are something I really have no use for. I have looked on here and tried to search but I still can not find how delete some of them. Is it possible???
    08-31-08 02:14 PM
    You can delete the preloaded wallpapers but they have to be deleted all together. It can be done by follwing the link on my signature Optimizing your memory. The ringtones will have to be left alone.
    08-31-08 02:16 PM
    yep the ringtones are part of the core software and can not be removed.
    08-31-08 02:21 PM
    Well dern that sucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 07:52 PM
    It doesn't matter . Follow Stoner's plan and you'll make tons of room.

09-01-08 01:17 AM
    I don't have the preloaded images on my BB but using one of my images I see an option in the menu when the images is highlighted to send by email. Is this option present for preloaded images if so you could probably email yourself the ones you want to keep and them follow the proceedure for removing the preloaded images.

I could be mistaken but I believe it is possible to remove the preloaded ringers too. But just like the images its all or none. But you must edit all profiles to point to custom ringers before removing them. If you want to use some of the preloaded ringers you will need to make a recording of them on your pc to make an mp3 to place on your media card.

You will need a dithering cable to connect your BB headphone jack to your pc microphone jack. The BB will need to play the ringtone over the headphone jack. On your pc open a sound recording app and configure it to record off of the microphone. You will need to do several trial runs to get the dB level and EQ settings so that the new recording sounds and is as loud as the preloaded ringer. Once you have matched the preloaded ringers in your new recording of them.

Then you can point your profiles to them on your media card. Of course again this is assuming that you can remove the preloaded ringers using the same process the preloaded images uses. If you ever sell your BB later you will need to restore the preloaded ringers or the buyer may freak out.

09-01-08 01:17 AM
    I'm having word wrap problems again editing. Sorry for a end post. I wanted to add my above steps is a lot of trouble to go through for only 600KB maybe 700KB of more free space.

09-01-08 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD