Hello, this is a bit of a double post actually. I posted my introductions in the game announcement section with the release of my charity game 'Save Crabtree Park'. I'd post a link if I could but, despite creating my CrackBerry account literally years ago, I have never had such a good cause to post for before so I don't have the 10 post minimum!

I am a programmer for a living, been doing it for as long as I can remember, mostly for back-end network systems and control. As a BlackBerry User I tend to use WiFi rather than SIM cards. I am forever playing with my old BB10 Dev Alpha and the Playbook. My only true mobile phone in the world is an old BlackBerry with an 8800-type model number that I have somewhere, but I expect the SIM has probably expired by now. My world has WiFi and WiFi does everything that I need.

I'd be very interested if anyone has any ideas on how to raise the profile of my game, it is for charity after all. It's also written especially for the BlackBerry. The hope is for the game to help raise money for the community to try and save our nice and green local park from the worst kind of property developers you can imagine.

Stephen
    01-08-15 12:50 PM
    Welcome to posting Stephan!

I approved your app thread and fixed the link. Technically we don't allow charity posting, but since it's an app, it doesn't fall under the same treatment a thread simply requesting charity would.

I wish you nothing but the best of success with it, and the park.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-08-15 01:29 PM
    Welcome!

Interesting to build and apps for a charity. But most here are going to want to know more about the game play.

I've always been a big supporter of having a limited but free version, with options to buy a full version....
    01-08-15 03:15 PM
    scalemaster34, do you have a couple of examples of titles that have done it just right?

I am not sure that system would work for this particular project, but I would love to bring forward my own titles in the future. If I can actually follow advice and aim to be more entertaining with it than the average fair, perhaps that would make it viable for me. I am very good at not giving up.
    01-08-15 05:33 PM
    I neglected to answer scalemaster34 about the game play!

You are given missions to be completed within shrinking time limits. Interspersed with the occasional quiz question. A little bit frantic in places, but I think it is fun. We had a nasty incident on the public park a few years ago where the BBC were invited by a developer to film the site. Just before they arrived, some people mysteriously dumped bags of rubbish everywhere. This translates to a mission in the game to collect a set number of pieces of litter and put them in the bins. You can only carry a handful of litter at a time, so you find yourself running back and forth. You also need to interact with your fellow park users. All to restore the park in time before the BBC arrive!
    Last edited by Stephen Hard; 01-08-15 at 08:42 PM.
    01-08-15 05:38 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Stephen (even if it's a belated welcome). Good luck with the app and charity.
    01-08-15 09:33 PM
    scalemaster34, do you have a couple of examples of titles that have done it just right?

I am not sure that system would work for this particular project, but I would love to bring forward my own titles in the future. If I can actually follow advice and aim to be more entertaining with it than the average fair, perhaps that would make it viable for me. I am very good at not giving up.
    Just search BlackBerry World for the word TRIAL. Lots of Games and Apps offer a limited trial version of their app... allows users to try out an app and see if they want to pay for the FULL version.

Personally I don't pay for an app unless I've heard a LOT of good review or a get to try it and see that it does what I want.

Unfortunately... it is pretty easy to get LOST in the shuffle. I'm not a developer so I don't know what is really the best way to keep from getting lost in the shuffle. There is a developer section here, might want to do some searching there.
    01-09-15 09:49 AM
    Welcome and good luck with the app!
    01-09-15 11:10 AM